Viper 5902 - Constant Valet / Antenna LED Flashing

Username: Interotony

Post Number: 1
I just installed a Viper 5902 recently. It's installed on a 2007 Tahoe and I did not use the only 5902 Harness installed is the main one that supplies power. All of my other inputs/outputs are going through D2D cable on an XK09. The alarm works great, but the LED built into the Valet Button/Antenna module constantly blinks even when alarm is not armed and I'm driving around. It's pretty bright, so just wondering if there is a way to have it only flash when the alarm is armed. I realize that I could bypass the ground cable for the light and wire it to my "ground when armed" wire, but just wondering if there's more of a setting/dip switch to resolve this.

my Valet is just wired in using the out of the box harness (I didn't do anything custom with it). Its a black wire with a green harness that plugs into the brain and the other end plugs into the Valet light. Other than the light flashing (constantly even when unarmed), the alarm functions normally. When I arm the alarm, I will get alert if I have any doors open etc, or that my proximity sensor is active. I get correct alerts for warn-away or full triggering, and the alarm sirens act normally too, so I can't think of anything that might be wrong. I do figure that the light flashing is wrong. Not sure if it's because I have not set the Valet switch (number of pushes etc) yet, changing it from default etc, but that was my only idea. Again, I know I could splice and make it only go on when armed like the Viper luminescent light pad I also installed, but since it's plugged in per instructions using out of the box harness, just trying to confirm there's nothing wrong, and that there's something that can be turned off or fixed in settings.

Username: Interotony

Post Number: 2
P.S. As far as the other harnesses of the 5902, I'm only using the main harness, the on/off safety switch, the MUX port, valet console cable, D2D cable, and I have the BitWriter cable plugged in and run to a secret location where I can access it for future writing. Perhaps the brain is sensing that cable and the LEDs are because the unit is in programming mode? I wouldn't think so since the BitWriter is not plugged in on the other end of this cable, but perhaps...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us