2004 gmc sierra 1500 truck radio

Username: Dankaren

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a 2004 gmc sierra 1500, it is missing the original radio. I bought one on ebay and know the vin # that it came from. I have tried unlocking the radio using the 2 & 3 and 1& 4 buttons but to now avail. I took it to a dealer and they said they used a Tech II scanner to try and unlock it but said it was not compatible. I thought it was peculiar that they didn't want to know the vin# the radio came out of. Can anyone help me with getting the radio out of the LOC mode.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Regrooster

Post Number: 6916
Post the radio make+model plus all the letters+numbers on any labels,barcodes or stamped in the metal casing.

This information can then be used to see if a code can be calculated

Post Number: 2
It is a delco radio cd player. The tag that was on the radio was part/model#93801884 and states it was from a 2005 chevan. the vin # on the radio is 1GCHG39U451133979. It was manufactured in sept 2004. Another number on the tag is $BE342RDO106, but I don't know if it is a mfg # or the suppliers part #.

Post Number: 3
The other unusual experience is when I first installed the radio and turned the key to "on" it works just fine. Once I turn the key to "ignition" and start the vehicle, it immediately goes to the LOC mode. It would seem that due to some kind of programming, the replacement radio is not communicating with my vehicle module.

Gold Member
Username: Regrooster

Post Number: 6924
Sorry....Main Dealer or Radio Decoding Service only for this DELCO code

It will not be available for free from anywhere on the Internet

Post Number: 4
thanks for your quick response. I have already tried a dealership and it did not work. I will investigate a decoding service.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us