Amp for 15' Memphis Mojo?

Username: Zzttff

Post Number: 1
Just got this sub. Currently have a 600wrms Alpine amp and it barely tickles the sub, so I'm wondering what amp I should get. I've read that this sub (the old one, not the newer one) pushes 2500--true???

Also, do you guys think I'll need an extra car battery for this setup? My lights dimmed when I used that 600w amp and two 12s.

There's this Lanzar Vibe 286 for sale for $175. I thought it looked ok but after some reading I'm realizing it's really not. Am I right?

Gracias.

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 240
The 15 Mojo I believe is 1700 rms.

To power the Mojo properly I would recommend an amp no less than 1500 rms. I would personally put around 2000 rms on it all day long.

Yes, to efficiently run an amplifier of the magnitude that you would need, you would definitely need to do some upgrades to your vehicles electrical system. Extra batteries won't really help you much at all if your vehicles alternator is just to small. First do the "big 3 upgrade" and purchase the biggest battery that will fit under the hood of your vehicle. You can try an extra battery in the back if you want but, the only way to properly give your amp the power it needs its to purchase a high output alternator for you vehicle. Probably at least a 180 amp. Without a HO alternator the second battery will help for a little bit but in time your stock alternator will go bad and you could possibly damage your amplifier!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us