any ways to improve it please??Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 784
thats a pretty nice install but i think a fiberglass box would have given that extra last touch for it

very nice though

Bronze Member
Username: Bwhodidit

Post Number: 15
its cute but i would've centered everything around the sub

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3825
good start.
I think I'd have done it differently, but we all have our own style

Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 2
Personally, if you can spare it, get a bigger box for that L7....try a ported box...it'll hit alot harder and sound much better...thats just my 2 cents...

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 705
Nice install, you did a very good job. I'll tell you what I'd do. The only thing that bothers it is the fact that the amp and cap are cleanly mounted and the sub box is just kinda there, know what I mean? I'll give you some ideas:
1: I'd custom make a fiberglass enclosure flat across the width of the trunk, with a box like yours on the left side, extending a little to the right for the correct airspace, and then beside that, I'd make a separate mounting point for the amp and cap.
2. Recess the sub and grill inside the box, that way nothing protrudes and everything is flat and smooth, install the sub on the left side of the box, similar to where it is now. Beside the sub on the right side, I'd flush mount the amp and the capacitor on the custom fiberglass enclosure, so that no wires show, all you'd see is the sub, amp, and capacitor, no wires or terminals or anything like that. I'd paint the fiberglass to match the car.
3. I'd find some way of smoothing out the package tray up top, and possibly remove the rear speakers, and find a way to couple the trunk and cabin for SQ and SPL purposes.
Another option or alternative is to mount the sub in the spare tire location, and leave the amp and capacitor where they are, or to mount the amp and cap in the spare tire location and the sub where the amp and cap are now. I like 1-3 the best as it would be very clean, look nice, and also offer more space for storage as the box wouldn't have to be as deep. Please don't think I'm dissing your install, I'm just giving you a couple ideas if you're interested.

Anonymous

shouldnt the fuses be closer to the battery instead of near the amp?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 796
that looks like a distro block

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 716
It is a distro. Anon, notice the two wires coming out of the right side.

Bronze Member
Username: Luc

Post Number: 30
hi guys...thanks for the comments, i do have a fuse next to the battery, then two more in my distro, i do not have much facilities here to use fibre glass in my install.....i really wanna do what u guys suggested...i will surely look into it..thanks again...another thing, a ported box will give me more bass?? may i have the box sizes for the L7 ported..shall i use teh sizes in the manual??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
hi guys...thanks for the comments, i do have a fuse next to the battery, then two more in my distro, i do not have much facilities here to use fibre glass in my install.....i really wanna do what u guys suggested...i will surely look into it..thanks again...another thing, a ported box will give me more bass?? may i have the box sizes for the L7 ported..shall i use teh sizes in the manual??

Anonymous

nice install. i'm thinkin about getting a setup exactly like yours. I have a question though. DOES IT BEAT HARD?

Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 7
that 1 L7 has to beat pretty damn hard as long as its powered correctly, even a little underpowered that things got to thump nicely...

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 370
I like your work, personally i like a good clean wire job and install vs placement of everything. Although i would have centered the sub but i see why you did it that way for storage capacity and for a different look. Good Job.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
hi, that thing sure beats hard......its shakes the whole car......and ur stomach too..lol

yeah my car is used for everyday use so gotta leave space for the shopping ;)

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 288
That looks real nice. It's nice and clean. Good job!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us