I NEED HELP

Username: Spanky

Post Number: 2
hey this is my first time using this site im 16 years old and i need a system that domes. im thinking 2 12inch alpine type R's.i already boight an ecplise 1100 2 channel amp. do you think that 550 into each sub is to much...will it blow?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 785
that amp says nothing about working at 2 ohm stereo, so get the dual 2 ohm version of the type-r's

you'll be feeding them about 370w rms and they should be able to hold their own with that, even tho they're rated at 300w rms

Post Number: 4
Ive herd they can take more then 370 and still sound great..if i buy the 2ohm type Rs will i be able to get more power with them. what would reccomend i put them at? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 791
well - that amp you got cannot run at 2 ohm stereo - so dual 4 ohm subs would be bad for it, and it would shut down continuously

the dual 2 ohm, you can wire them to 4 ohms, and thats whatt he amp you got can take

Post Number: 5
still a little confused.. is there a way where i can put 550 into each sub with that amp if i get the 2ohm type R's (yes or no) and if not what is the total amount of watts i can put into each sub? by the way what do you have currently runing?

Post Number: 6
this is the amp just to make shure its the right one ur talking about http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=279&1=280&3=320
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us