Anyone here build custom enclosures?

I would like to get my back seat back, so can anyone here build me an enclosure for my two 12" MTX Thunder6000 subs to fit under the back seat in my 1991 Dodge Dakota extended cab? All of the ThunderForms, etc I have seen are only for '97-'01 Dakotas.

Please help! I'm willing to pay for your supplies labor, and shipping!

Thanks in advance,
Alex

motoman22
Alex, two 12" subs won't fit under your back seat. Well, they will but you have to make brackets that lift the seat up quite a bit and that makes it useless for anyone over 5'1.

In these situations I've had good luck with putting the subs in the bed. Just build a box to where the subs are side by side...almost touching edges...and recess the face of the box a couple of inches. Then cut a slot in the front of the bed and into the cab about 13" high and 28" long to where the woofers are pointing into the hole. Use a snugtop 'boot' to seal the 'cut through' and you have your entire cab back...just a little less bed.

It's not that hard really and if you bolt the box to the bed from the inside it's really difficult for thieves to get it. Make sure that you fiberglass the box exterior completely if you don't have a tonneau cover.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us