One line out to mono amp, pre-amp out to rear chan on 4chan amp

Username: 99accord

Post Number: 1
The subject says it all. Basically I two rca heads on the back of the head unit. One is a low level convertor, and the other is a line out. Currently I have the convertor, on the rear chan of the head unit, and a patch cable running from the line-out/sub rca on the back of the Hu, to the mono amp.

Basically I need to amp the front deck, and have the back amped, but as filler. The 4 chan amp was hand me down, I am no sure if two chans work on it... I'll test them later.

My question is If I ran a patch cable from the line out on the HU, to the rca input on the mono amp... from there if I took a patch cable and ran it from the the mono amp rca out put, to the rear channel on the 4 chan amp. Would the sound still be stereo? Is this possible? I appreciate any responses you might havethanks

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 239
I would just buy another loc and tap it into your front speakers. Then, run a new set or rca's from the new loc to the 4 channel amp. Last, just use some 1 female to 2 male rca splitters at the 4 channel amp for the left and right rca inputs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us