Bypassing stock amp in a santa fe

Bronze Member
Username: Hqh17

US

Post Number: 20
i just bought a 2004 hyundai santa fe and put my jvc head unit in it. it has a stock amp under the passenger seat (which takes speaker level in from the head unit) which id like to bypass as its not very good quality. the amp also has a built in crossover so i might have to buy a separate one if im bypassing it. would it be possible to find wire harnesses that fit the harnesses plugged into the stock amp? id rather not just cut them and splice them together...

Username: Oitze

Unknown, Unknown Unknown

Post Number: 4
How about just taking the factory amp out of the question? And run a full aftermarket system? Is it in your budget? I personally wouldn't want to keep the factory amp, the way I see it is junk, that's why I'm replacing the factory raidio in the first place. or if I do keep the oem amp I'll just cut and splice the wires but you said you don't want to do that, you can check scosche, and metra, to see if they have a harness for you, but you can save money just buy doing the work yourself. Also your aftermarket radio will have low pass and high pass filter built in, unless you bought a really crappy unit to replace your factory raido

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2595
You should be able to find a used amp for cheap enough. If you can mount it in the stock location, you can stick with the stock speaker wire... Is there a harness on the output side of the amp? I dunno, man, either way you gotta do some wiring
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us