Ive narrowed it down JBL vs Diamond

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3236
Im pretty sure Ive narrowed my component choices down to these

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20533_JBL_C608GTI_MKii.aspx

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9602-h600a-diamond-audio-65-hex-series-component-sys tem-w-aluminum-dome-tweeters.aspx

^Yes the set with the alum. tweets not with the silk.

Pros/cons of the 2 sets? Discuss and explain please.........

BTW I can get both sets for roughly the same price,the JBLs will be slightly cheaper. Both BNIB.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 391
the jbl looks cooler. But other than that, I bring nothing to the table. Sorry.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 12058
Two very popular models amongst people on this forum back when the regulars used to post. The HEX were well liked and I know at least 3 or 4 members on here ran those and were happy with them but I do remember reading a few reviews where people said they were over-hyped. I almost bought those JBL comps back when I was re-tooling my system but I decided against them. Brad was the one who really turned me on to the JBL comps and he said for the price, they really can't be beat.

Now I haven't heard either set so I'm not going to say go with either one but just to mess with your decision even more, take a look at the Hybrid Audio Clarus series ;)

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11711
Can't go wrong with any of those, all good stuff. IDK if there is a way to say which is better without testing both in your install. lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Jjohan35

Post Number: 47
Not to get on your back but you might get more feedback if you posted this in the speaker subforum.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3373
speaker forum posts - 27,130

subwoofer forum posts - 573,524

Bronze Member
Username: Jjohan35

Post Number: 48
I guess the speaker forum is useless and dead?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8461
Jerry,
The subwoofer section is where most regulars frequent.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3237
Yea please dont tell me where to post. I been here since probably before you could walk lol.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3238
Anymore suggestions? Im leaning more towards the JBLs

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3239
BTW on top of the already super low price of the JBLs on onlinecarstereo,I have found a coupon code that brings the total down to $224 shipped. Now thats cheaper than ebay. An amazing price considering they are a $300-400 set.

But then again I can get the Hexs on ebay refurb for $250 and new they are $400

Damn what to do what to do?

Iirc the Hexs w/ aluminium tweeter were pretty loud but I think I remember some people saying the midbass wasnt that great.

Im thinking JBLs

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24361
Diamond is my choice.

Errr, if I had one. Really though, how can you go wrong?

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3240
Then again I remember Brad saying the JBLs really need around 200wrms to really shine. So do I buy the cheaper JBLs and then have to spend more on an amp to power them correctly or go with the Hexs,I was thinking powering them with a Diamond Audio 450.2 (125wrms x 2) cuz I found that amp very very cheap.

HELP!!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24362
Seriously, are you THAT torn?

It's your $$$. Word of advice I can attest to: Your first choice is usually the correct one.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24363
Crap I need another beer.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3241
Paul Im really just bored and trying to amuse my self. I think I will go with my gut and that is the JBLs

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24365
Problem solved, and it really wasn't one from the start was it?

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3243
Yanks,where would I even buy the Hybrid Audio speakers? I looked a little online and all I found was there home site.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8462
I was about to say the JBL's...lol.
But, I would get rid of that passive XO and go active.

W/ the money you saved, grab an active capable 4ch

Edit:
Saw your other thread where you were looking at going w/ a AQ1200. The AQ4x90 would make a nice addition to that
Active capable too.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3245
My HU Alpine CDA-9813 is also active cabable. HMM interesting Canaan. You may have sold me on the 2 AQ amps and the JBL comps running active.

How you think that what sound
Alpine CDA-9813
AQ 1200
"15 AA Havoc
AQ 4ch
JBLs running active

Thoughts?

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3246
Or I have been looking in to the JBL GTO14001 for my sub so what about that plus a JBL 4 ch and run the JBL comps active with that? I like JBL amps and can get a good price on the GTO14001.

So AQ amps vs. JBL amps?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8463
Hummm...
Alpine HU that is active capable w/ time alignment. AQ amp 90rms x 4 amps w/ JBL comps active. AA Havoc on AQ1200 w/ remote gain w/ clip-light.

Sounds like a f***ing plan to me

Gold Member

Post Number: 8464
Well, I don't have much hands-on time w/ new JBL amps, but AQ amps are out of the same build house as DD...and I deal w/ them daily.

(DD dealer here bishez)
So, yea, some may call me bias, but for the $....its hard to find a comparable amp.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3247
The AQ 4ch is rated for 90wrms x 4 so that would mean the mids are getting 90wrms each and the tweets are getting 90wrms each? You think the tweets on the JBL comps will be able to handle that much power? Im still kind of a noob when it comes to running active so if Im missing something please explain.

Other than that question,I think I have found my new set-up! Thanks for the info Canaan,I wouldnt have ever thought about running active lol.

So Canaan care to help design a new ported box for my Havoc? The box its in now is 4cft with 2 4" aero ports and Ive always thought I needed a box with more port area to really make my sub shine. Thoughts/info on that? Also I would like to make some kind of "pods" for my components,any help with that too? Sorry if theres too many questions Im just trying to do everything right the first time so I wont want to change things around in a year again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us