Kicker L7 please help on box any1!

Username: Mike_20

Wisconsin dells, Wisconsin UNITED STATES

Post Number: 1
ok so i got a 15 inch kicker l7 . it was in a sealed box im guessing 1.5 cu ft . i had one in 07 that was in a kicker box with tube port iit slammed lows ! this on other hand hits hard as hell on highs but no lows! i love lows and really need info on a good tune for these subs and what size on box . i know pl on here know about these l7's . i use to have an account under mike_mf but its been a year and a half since i been on and cant get my password . anyways . i need help on some box info . something that will slam lows . not highs . and i would deff buy a box from sum1 ifs its what i want . i listen to rap mostly so if that helps . thanks
application/octet-streamUpload
j.aspx (6.5 k)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8524
l7 on sealed box?? their meant to be on ported...

built a ported box.. kicker sweet spot is around 38hz to 40hz on porting..

dont go lower than 46hz trust me they will sound like sh1t.. even if you think it will go lower..

their meant to be loud.. the square design helps it move more air but while sacrificing sound quality..

anyways try 2.5-3cb ft ported box at 38hz to 40hz will sound 10 times better than your sealed..

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1090
If you need one built. Bassman can hook it up.

http://www.dldesignz.com/

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16550
the 15 l7's do slam ill give them that

Post Number: 3
g.i rob . why did u say 38-40 than say dont go lower than 46????? and yes i know there not good in sealed . ive never used sealed i just purchased the sub in the sealed box . and sean ya i cant figure out on his site how much a box costs . and to be shipped. i just want it black carpeted . and ok so what kinda port sounds best with these? just slot port ? tube port ? any ideas???

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8538
i mean 36 sorry..

tube port has less turbulence noise since of its round shaped and slot have more because of the corners is just like areodynamics

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11705
L7s are loud. But unless you like a *loud* sound like your azz after you eat beans... they suck.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1097
You would have to fill out a Custom Enclosure request first. Then he'll get back to you with a price.

Post Number: 4
ok . and sean yess i like loud trust me just a ather slam some lows than highs . anyways . no one has a box you know of already made who is willing to sell?

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 378
GI rob's first comment is correct in that the l7 should be in a ported box. thats about it. tune that beast low to like 30 or 28 even. the bigger the box, the more efficient it will reproduce the lowlows. Maybe 3-3.5 cubes. or more?? and they sound just fine going super low. Especially with a low-power amp due to the soft suspension on the l7.... gets it moving and banging without much work. But throw its max RMS at it for a lengthy time period........can't vouch for it then. very capable sub for the price.

Post Number: 5
ok . why he say dont go lower than 36? he said theyl sound like sht . makinblak . so who do i go by ? u saying go lower . he says not to . he is a gold member

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 682
I personally wouldn't listen to either one of those 2. That's just me, no offense to either of you. As far as your problem, contact Dustin, he would be your best option.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 383
My 2 l7 12s are slot ported and tuned to 29 with 2.8 cubes net each, running off my Sundown 1200. It sounds great, and the lows are brutal and clean. If you are going for SPL comps, or if you listen to rock and country alot, then tune higher. I love mine for the screwed and chopped LOWLOWS and could care less for those extra 3 or 4 db that will win me a competition but sound like shiiiitt. All in personal taste. They will do and sound fine tuned low if that is what you like.

How many RMS are you throwing at it?

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 385

This test track went down to 10 hz. That is TOOO low to be blasting at fulll volume with a box tuned to 29. Which is why you hear it bottom out. I'm an idiot haha so don't let that dissuade you. The track starts at about 60hz.

Post Number: 6
ok . so i listen to rap only . mostly jeezy, lil boosie , and bunch others . i like lows . and im throwin around 600 rms . and i like it loud to but i would rather have nice souding lows than be louder and have only highs haha .

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 386
Tune to 30 with about 4 net cubes. Should b pretty sweet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us