Wire fun...

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 275
So I have been trying to figure out what wire I will run and I am looking at welding cable for my power now my question is will a single run of 1/0 be good enough?

I will be getting a DCPower 270 Amp XP alternator for my 2003 Subaru Legacy L Sedan and running a SAX-100.4D amp to power my CDT comps as well as a SAZ-1500.1D to power my Fi Q 18 I plan on one or two batteries in the trunk.

Will one run of 1/0 be enough or will i need multiple runs or a run of 2/0 or even 3/0? please let me know what you think.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16885
http://www.the12volt.com/info/recwirsz.asp

1 run is fine ...

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 559
just use car audio ofc wire. and 1 good battery along with an ho alt is all you need.. actually a little overkill. but if you wire your amps up directly to the battery the runs will be very short and you will be just fine

may as well use ofc wire too. i think its worth it, and not too much more money.

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 278
I am looking at the welding cable, it is ofc, it has more copper in it than several audio brands do, it is still pretty flexible AND I am not paying for the name of some brand.

The reason I will have a couple batteries(possibly gel sailboat batteries that I have, good size with a lot of amps and wicked high amp hours) in the trunk is I want to take my car to the drive in sometime after my system is all in and also I have my car off and listen to music when working in the yard from time to time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us