Advantages of this type of box

Bronze Member
Username: Glowbox

Post Number: 65
How does this exactly work? Is it basically to chambers where the two "seperate" ports combine at the end making a big port with a larger port area but without the middle divider?

The trouble Im having is fitting a slot port with sufficient port area due to space limitations and this seems like it may help me?

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1267
i have never built a separate chamber box that shared a middle port, so my knowledge on the subject is limited...

but if space is a problem though, you could try aeroports.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1466
I believe seperate chambers is important if you're running the subs off of two different amps. The subs both arn't going to play exactly the same on two seperate amps so it protects the subs. Running both subs off the same amp, it isn't going to be as much of a problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
Ya ill most likely be doing separate chambers with aero ports in each but i thought this may work to and sound a lil better being a slot

And it will be two amps but setuip in the JL "master-slave" configuration

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11683
If you're running two subs off of two different amps in the same car, you fail right there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
And why is that?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
They are two JL 12w7's each having their own JL 1000 In a master slave setup. I don't know why that that would "fail"?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11685
No that is not a fail... lol. Actually a pretty nice system.

I meant if each amp were different brand/model.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
haha thats wat i kind of figured you thought. But im gonna do a double chamber box each side 2 cubes with a 4 inch aero for each
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us