Shallow Mounting Depth Component Speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

San Antonio, Texas

Post Number: 469
So I'm searching for new components speakers for my front that have a mounting depth less than 1.5 inches- Yea its shallow. Anyone have any recommendations? BTW its for a Land Cruiser (FZJ80) and I can fit 6.5" speakers in the front.

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas

Post Number: 470
BTW i would like to use a spacer but It would be bumping into where the door swings when closed. I would have to cut out into the car to use spacers and I would like to leave that as a last option.

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas

Post Number: 471
its died down here... I managed to get .5 inches more with a spacer so I have about 2 inches of mounting depth. Anyone??

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

KY USA

Post Number: 743
Fusion makes a shallow mount comp set. They actually sound pretty good and especially for the price.

http://www.caraudiodeals.com/fusion-cscm60-p-4423.html

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8442
http://www.ddaudio.com/caraudio/09/DDCS6_5.htm

Less than 2" deep.

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas

Post Number: 472
Thanks for the replies. Those fusions sure have a nice price (30 bucks!) but they don't look like they have crossovers and they are only rated at 40 watts making my 4 channel amp nearly useless. For some reason I feel like they cant sound that amazing..

Those DD CS6.5 are looking pretty good for what I need. Now I just need to find some on the used market or an online dealer.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8443
Call DD direct or check w/ you local retailer.

I can't post prices online, but I have seen for sale threads on some forums w/ people selling them over retail.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us