So my gf may kill me..

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 270
My girlfriend has been talking to me more about my "audio obsession" and the need for some things to be a certain way... She asked how much I will be spending in total on my system... With the alternator, batteries, deadener and all the actual audio bits prob around 4 grand all said and done... yea... she didn't care for that answer...

Have:

CDT Components
Sundown sax 100.4(great deal on refurb couldnt pass it up)
speaker wire for the CDT

To get:

Box from Dustin
Fi Q 18
Sundown SAZ-1500d
Pioneer DEH-P7200HD
HO Alternator
Cables
RCAs
Wire
fuse holders/fuses
deadener/insulator
Security laminate for the windows for deadening/theft prevention

And I will be doing the interior as well I believe, so even more money for the seat covers and material to do the door panels and such...

BUT the good news is if anything happens to this car and/or audio equipment ill be getting a new car for VERY little. The insurance company said I should get an extra 6 grand or so for everything when all is said and done and I add it all to the policy.(Not that I want anything to happen)

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1799
Its not a cheap hobby. I also had everything added to my policy. I couldn't help but think how lost i would be if someone stole my car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 271
indeed, i was surprised they will even do the interior and not just what it cost me but what it would cost to replace. So some of the good deals i got may pay off...

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1801
The only thing that pissed me off is they would not cover my alt or batteries and that was well over 1k worth of goods.

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1070
Your supposed to lie about stuff like that man! lol

My wife doesnt care to much about what i spend. As long as i put something in her car,shes happy.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1451
I feel ya on wanting to build a system on a budget. I've been getting together my components a little quicker than I should but luckily I'm almost to the end of my list. Only thing is, now I'm starting to think about other things I need to do once I finish my sub stage, thats the obsession part To cut some costs I would say look for great deals on used items. For instance I'm running a SAZ 1500D as well and lucked out finding one on craigslist for $225. Found a 1/0 fuse holder on CA for $16 shipped with a fuse. If you're looking for a specific thing, post a W T B thread and see who messages you. You may luck out and find some good deals. The most expensive thing on your list is going to be your alt, especially depending on how large you plan to get. I'd say get that last and just run your amps at lower power until you can get the alt. I got a stinger SPV70 battery from a guy for $100 and its in near mint shape. He said he's got more, so that may also be something to look into. It retails for $349.

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
i wont be putting anything in till i have it all and i am buying new or refurb only. I am wicked analretentive about things so i plan this build for late spring so I can take my bike to work as the interior of the car wont be in while I build... I am not too concerned about the money...

Joe sorry your insurance is dumb, mine said as long as i declare what I am putting in, it will be covered and they will pay what it would cost to replace the stuff, not what I paid...

so As i have stated I am analretentive and may have to rip some things apart several times to get NO rattles at all and have it sound as close to perfect as I can get... I am even going to put the security laminate on my windows as it will help dampen sound some and help prevent smashing from bad guys...

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11680
" Your supposed to lie about stuff like that man! lol "

Exactly... take note.

Her: How much is all this stuff gonna cost?

You: About 4...

Her: 400 bucks?! Damn

You: Um.... yea. lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 273
lie never psh if she cant live with it life will be hell, so the truth is better you will know how stuff will go...

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 342
tell truth=she gets mad
lie=she finds out and its SSOOOOOO much worse

Silver Member

Post Number: 274
^THIS

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1878
under quote your self by ~20% >_>, if she asks why is costs more then what you said you did all the pricing around x mass and things where cheaper.

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

San Antonio, Texas

Post Number: 473
If you really want to be smart about it, you do the "door in the face" method. Tell her your going to spend about much more than you really are planning too. Later then tell her you are found a good deal and are only spending 3,000. She will actually appreciate you only spending that much rather than 6,000.

Username: Skitters

Grand island, New york USA

Post Number: 6
Ricky just tell her the way it is. To STFU and sit in the corner if she dont like it LOL

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8448
Tell the truth.
Buy her a gift.
Take her on vacation.
More overtime.
Paint the living room.

problem solved.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16522
x2

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8451
Other than opening a credit card account under your dog's name w/ a PO box and keeping the dogs credit over 700...there is nothing else you can do (other than my previous post).

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16524
lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 277
LOL she isnt mad and there really isnt that BIG of an issue, but my stock system is dying and i dont usually do much for myself... It isnt a big deal... but shock may have set in when i stated the total estimated cost of the build including the interior...

She just sees all the other projects I have going on and stuff and this is the most expensive... It is kinda interesting, but I have always talked about my old system and how I missed having bass, then my stock cd player crapped and i blew 2 speakers(when it died)... And she has a decent system that came with her new car and she asked me to install a sub for her cause she has no bass...

Lets just say it works out in my favor AND she doesn't care as it is my money but we are also looking at getting married and buying a house... thats the only thing...

Also I want to get into car audio installs as I do pro audio stuff and have done some home audio stuff in the past and it would be good to have something to show people that I did..

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 1061
Bit.ches come and go. Just think 10 years down the line when your bangin some other broad thinkin damn im glad I hooked my car up cuz in the end youll still probally have your nice azz car and be bangin some other girl in the end any way.

Dont let the vag controll you do whatever you want.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 373
^ from a man that OBVIOUSLY never gets any from anyone other than his dog.

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 1066
^from another pus.sywhipped froot loop motherfu.cker... all im sayin is the man should were the balls not the woman...

your from arizona, i understand

and at least the dog dosnt talk,nagg , b.itch about pointless sh.it, or want new sh.it all the time
a little alpo n good to go

lmao

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8526
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 225
It's just an amp and a sub. She won't be complaining when she's blasting Britney Spears' Toxic or something, and you can't say anything about it. She'll be all like wooow that went booom and was loud, and you're just like yeees, booom -_-.

Silver Member

Post Number: 288
uh no... NO ONE touches my radio in my car, you walk home for that... and shes pretty cool about the whole deal, esp when I told her the cost and what the insurance company will insure it for... I think she is kinda hoping I will totally my car really bad once everything is in and done...

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 384
Ar = ARKANSAS.

Not Az you dim-wit hahaha.

And why is that important to begin with??

Bottom line is... you gotta treat your girl right and train them, but don't let them know you're training them. And watch out! Cuz they are CONSTANTLY training you! hahahaha

And rob, I giggled satisfactorily when I saw the look on that mans Face^^

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us