Bronze Member
Username: Arcsum68

Post Number: 25
Insane, nice work.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1449
Very nice explanations in this video, good stuff.

Bronze Member
Username: Streetlegal

Post Number: 25
nice work...

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1866
i have seen what that truck can do in other videos its pretty cool.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1802
Very nice showing.

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 671
That has to be one of the nicest/cleanest builds I have ever seen. Even better explanations!

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2675
Great guy, great setup! I thought I responded like 3 times already- my phone isn't working too well with the forum

Thanks a lot for posting this vid! It's really great when people are happy enough with their purchase to post something like this. A few days ago I updated the site too, his truck is here:

http://tejcurrent.com/installs.htm

Thanks again for the link! He doesn't say it but he was doing 157 sealed, and was gaining nicely before he needed to recone one of his subs.The recone has some coil rub so he's still in the 57 range, but a little work he'll have a 160 TL/legal for sure. I'm really excited to see the 160, he does 160+ in the kick as is.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3120
Troy I just now noticed you have a website. The alt brakets look sick!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2676
Thanks lol.
I have a TON coming out in the next few months! Lots of cool stuff going on too, the website hasn't really had major updates since summer. I'm restructuring things to better navigate the azz of new stuff. Better shopping cart, downloadable installation manuals with video instructions, and plenty more. I'm just so busy with the few dozen brackets I'm working on now I see engines in my sleep lol.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2197
Troy,

you wouldnt happen to be working on/currently have an alternator for a 2007 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L?? Im looking at upgrading amps and anymore power and I know I need to step up the electrical system.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2678
absolutely. I can use the new dr44 case to make a 220 or 240 amp, but I prefer to retro fit an ad244. I can get higher amp diodes that way. Just email me tejcurrent@tejcurrent.com whenever you are ready and I can do whatever you like. I just tested a 240 2 days ago, and had no problem
s getting 150-160 amps@ 600 engine rpms after an hour drive.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2679
Also I give forum members here the lowest price possible on everything, any time. No one will buy anything from me here and 2 months later see a sale cheaper unless I'm selling used/traded stuff.

I also have dual, triple, quad brackets in stock, and a 6 alt kit coming out in a few months- the custom machined drive pulley is killing me on that lol.

Silver Member
Username: Tedsprogz

Nunya, Florida US

Post Number: 124
hey troy, if you need help with HTML/XHTML/PHP or anything else to do with your website, i wouldn't mind helping out.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2199
6 alt!!!! dear 8lb 6oz baby jesus.... thats nuts!

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2200
Also, how much power do you think i can run with a 240a alt? lookin to go no more than 3krms Total with subs amp and front stage amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2683
The rule of thumb is to have 1/2 your peak amp draw at idle- so 3kw means 300 amps so 150 at idle should be fine. You won't have perfect 14v all the time- like when you are actually getting into it, but even at comps you shouldn't have much voltage drop with good batteries.

I like to say you wont have any drop - but I am conservative with my gains. You really should almost never see full pull from an amp- even on burps a 3000w amp will almost always rise from 1 ohm to at least 2 ohms. This means only 150 amps, but people crank things up until they see 3000w, even if the signal is clipped. Music is dynamic so you can't really figure this way, but it's a good guideline.
Short answer- you should be fine.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2201
awesome man, i wont be really doing comps. ill be in the market for 15's that can handle 1000wrms and like a 4cubes @ 32 hz. the box i have for my truck is nice so i would like to keep it. it narrows down my selectioon but im sure i can fiind a great sql subwoofer that fits my needs. also, 2 sets of 6.5" comps in the front doors FTW

Gold Member

Post Number: 2685
I'm looking at doing 2 sets of comps in the door too. The problem I'm seeing is the tweeters, I could fit 2 6.5s and 1 tweeter in the factory door location, but not 2 full sets without it looking different than factory. I really want to keep the factory appearance if possible. Also I'm not big into doing my a-pillars, it may or may not sound better with them there but I like the visibility while driving and people can't see I have after market equipment to steal. I'll be 'glassing soon regardless.

If you aren't fighting for every tenth on the meter 1 good alt should be plenty- looking forward to your build
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us