Shok Industries 1/0

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1443
Anyone happen to have any Shok 1/0 they want to sell? I need enough for the main run from up front to the rear and then enough to run from the second battery to the amp. I'm thinking 30ish feet total. Maybe a 20 some foot run and a 10 foot run. I'm planning to replace the Raptor wire I'm using now..

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3214
You try this site?

http://www.vertexaudio.com/store/pc/Shok-Industries-Reference-CCA-1-0-Red-50-Spo ol-62p178.htm

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1862
or http://www.vertexaudio.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=217

works out to $3.60 a foot not bad. the CCA works out to $2.30 a foot.

Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 Red Power /Ground Wire Price: $3.75 /ft / 375amps @20ft

KCA Kable 1/0 Ultra Fleks Red CCA Power / Ground Cable Price: $1.95/ft / 250 amps @20ft

so depending on what you are looking at theres some pricing. also not sure if you haft to pay shipping on the shok.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1445
Yeah the Shok on Vertex is a good deal, I was just looking to see if maybe someone had some, since I won't need all 50 foot. I'm probably going to order a spool this weekend. I guess I can sell whatever I don't use.

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1067
Ive never used it...but if your looking for CCA,you really cant beat the KCA cable.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KCA0BK-50

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1865
that would drop it down to $1.75 /ft for the knu CCA.

use what you need sell for 1.90/ft + shipping make some money back.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1450
A guy responded to my thread on CA, saying he had "plenty" of Shok wire, so I emailed him and am waiting on a response. See what kind of deal we can work out. KnuKonceptz looks pretty good as well.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24291
Shok wire is very good stuff. Flexible as a ninja lol.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1867
i really like KNU, tho the CCA is a bit more annoying to work with VS the OFC.

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 268
https://weldingsupply.securesites.com/cgi-bin/einstein.pl?Next::1:UNDEFR:terms::PA#A2

Just saying.... pretty cheap...

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 269
https://weldingsupply.securesites.com/cgi-bin/einstein.pl?Next::1:UNDEF: OR:terms::PA#A2

sorry for the spaces...

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1800
I wounder how the quality of that wire is. I suppose it would be cool running a couple runs of 4/0 instead of multiples of 0.

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1071
Does seem cheap. What about the flexibility though?

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1452
Guy told me $75 for 30 foot shipped. That's 2.50 a foot, which isn't bad, but the spool will cost 2.30 a foot for 50 feet shipped. So, I'm debating which to get. I could get the spool and sell the 20 some feet I don't use for roughly 50 bucks shipped, or just get the 30 feet for 75 and lose $10. I may not even find anyone who wants to buy whats left over anyways. So, I think I may just order it from this guy.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3219
Have you done the big 3? If not you could always use the extra for that. Or just get the 50' roll,you dont wanna get 30' and then be 8" short or somethin lol. Its better to have more than enough than not enough,ya feel me?

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1455
Yeah, the big 3 is done, in Shok, now I just need the rest to match. I'll think it over tomorrow.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1457
Well, I ordered the wire from the guy who was selling it Friday morning and it came in today. Luckily by chance he lives close to me so it didn't take any time at all to get here. I asked him and he said I can pass the word if anyone is looking for any Shok wire. He says he has plenty for sale. I ordered 30 foot and used all but maybe 4 feet. It ended up getting too dark and COLD out so I only have the batteries hooked up, no amps. Tomorrow morning I'll run the wires to the amps and get everything running again. I compared the Raptor wire I was using to the Shok and the Shok looks almost twice as thick, pretty insane considering both are rated as 1/0 gauge. The Shok was actually a little tricky to fit into the fuse holders and ring terminals since its so thick. I used my voltage metered and in the rear I'm getting 14.2 volts with the car running, so thats pretty good. I'll see how it looks once its under a load.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1873
the shok CCA has 10 amps more then the knu CCA witch is nice, how ever there OFC only says 300+ so no idea of max current where KNU's says 375 @ 20ft so thats up in the air for me. think the shok CCA is probably easier to work with from the pic's i saw of it VS my experience with knu's CCA but they did something wonkie to make it really flexible.

you going to share pic's with us?

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1458
After I get it ran to the amps and all yeah. It had gotten dark out before I finished up last night.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1459
Upload

Upload

Got everything hooked up. I checked both batteries and both are resting at the same voltage and charging at the same. Running the batteries are seeing 14.2 volts. Running the set up I have now at full tilt I was getting between 13.9 and 14.0 volts. When the rl-p goes in I'm going to adjust the amp to do 500 rms, right now it is doing 450 rms. However its now at a 2 ohm load, at the 500 rms it will be seeing 1 ohm.(Once the new alt goes in I'll be pushing 1k rms to the rl-p. For the time being it will only be running at half power.) So I'll see how my voltage rests at full tilt once the new sub goes in. The process of rewiring my car took a little longer than I thought it was going to, but I made sure everything was hooked up securely and correctly. Screwing down 3 ring terminals onto the battery sure wasn't easy though. I've got a video I'll post up later.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1874
very nice.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1460
A short video of everything playing, nothing too special. Any tips on securing the battery?

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1876

i like it.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1463
Now I just need a matching 2 channel Sundown amp

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1464
BTW, here is a design draw up Dustin emailed me earlier today for my upcoming enclosure for the rl-p. I had asked him about it and there is going to be another 45 in the top left corner of the port. Its just not in this rendering.

Upload

Upload

Should be pretty freaking sweet. I can't wait :D

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 343
^would you call that last one a flared baffle?

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 557
Didn't read all the posts but I use monsters best wire I bought from audio savings and its ofc and wasn't too expensive and it is pretty flexible and huge and all copper I love it. I would use it over any other wire

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1877
i dislike monster, but thats just me.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1465
Kerf port.

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1268
for securing the battery, you could build a compartment as an extension of the box for the subwoofer and put the battery in there to keep it out of sight.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2198
^^^ Good Idea... a little planning makes it look simple and clean, which is the best thing IMO.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1467
I slapped a couple of strips of industrial strength velcro under it. Nice and sturdy now
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us