Tc sounds 12'' Epic

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1038
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=293-650

I was thinking about trying a pair of these out for awhile now and was just wondering if anybody had any experience with them. Also thought about maybe doing a single 12'' Axis. Only looking to run around 1200wrms(nine.1) and they would be going in a 06 Murano. Also...wanted to keep the budget around 350ish so if you guys have some better suggestions im all ears. There on back order at parts express till the 14th i believe so that will give me a couple days to think about it anyway. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3352
i was going to run 2 lms-r's but my plans went in a different direction.

i would go with the pair of epic's over a single axis, unless space is an issue.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3105
Why not a single 15" axis over a 12"? I've never ran an axis, but I did run an LA storm x1, which is near the same thing as a tc axis/tc-3000. Loved nearly every aspect of that woofer. The only downfall of the these woofers is the lack of output in the 60hz+ range BUT the lows are loud and smooth.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3106
I only see dual 2 ohm epics on parts express. You can only wire them @ 2 or 0.5 ohm (or 8 ohm lol).

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1039
Ive thought about a single 15'',but it would have to be the lms-r. The 15'' axis is a little more than i want to spend. Also I run a single 15'' Q in my other car,and I just figured the 2 12''s would be a different way to go. Space is an issue i guess...i dont want to take up to much room. I want to keep it between 4 an 5cuft,but if i can get away with something smaller i will.

You guys have any other ideas for something around the 350 budget?

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1040
Sh!t your right! lol I didnt even think to look,just figured they would have both. I guess i could call them an see whats up. Anybody happen to know where else to buy them?

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3107
I have 2 new 12" rd sonance v2's dual 4's i'd sell ya. 600w rms each. You can have them both for $200+ shipping/pp expenses (i just want to get back what I have invested in them). That would save ya some dough lol. They do really well sealed and ported, and still do nice in really small ported enclosures.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1422
The two 12's should give you more displacement than a single 15 and shouldn't need too large of a box. I think the subs you're looking at are a win win.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 514
i really like the idea of 2 12" epics. tuned at 32 hz

or if you like the idea of 1 15" the lms-r would be an absolute low end monster. definitely need a huge box, like 5.5 or a little more before displacments. tuned from 28-32 hz but like said, if you do something like that. no higher bass.

so i like the epics idea the most! i really hav no need to buy subs, but i think im just going to buy 2 12" epics for fun

i sure hope they come out with the subs, been a while since i talked to thilo, but they sure are having troubles getting everything ready. i have a feeling there is a very limited supply of epics coming. and they are supposed to be new and improved.. and also supposed to come out in 8s again.

the lms-r 12s may never be in stock again.. but we shall see.

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1041
I appreciate the offer on the sonances,but im really wanting to do something with these epics. Im dissapointed that there only dual 2ohm. Hopefully when they get them in stock they will get the d4s in too.

Is parts express the only place to buy theses?

Silver Member

Post Number: 516
ya their wiring does suck. not sure exactly how they sit tho, but my lms-r sits much higher than 2 ohms per coil. its more like 2.6 ohms per coil...

and im sure partsexpress is the only place to buy, unless you live in san diego and could pick them up

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3109
cwruck did you buy it new? what did it say on your t/s sheet? maybe it's just your multimeter.

Silver Member

Post Number: 517
ya i did buy it new, but thats how the sub is supposed to be. thilo told me they dont sit at exactly 2 ohm and actually sit a little higher.
i dont even have the sheet that got sent with the sub when i bought it, but i do have all the t/s parameters of all tc sounds subs, including the ones that havent made it to partsexpress yet to be sold

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1043
Well if thats the case then... I'll just go with the 2 12'' d2 epics wire them up parallel an see where that puts me. Worse case id just have to get a different amp. Hopefully they get these in stock when there supposed to and i can get the ball rolling. Any suggestions on box an tuning?

Silver Member

Post Number: 522
I like the idea of 4 cu ft tuned around 30 hz or just a little higher

Silver Member

Post Number: 523
And around 80 sq in of port

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1044
Im going to have Dustin do the build for me. I dont have the patience,time or skill to do it. Plus i want it to look good!
Before ive always done either sub up,port up or sub up,port rear and i seemed to get good results that way. But i was thinking of trying port up,sub rear just for something different. Ever try it that way?

Silver Member

Post Number: 525
Never tried it like that but I'm sure you could also have great results. But the port might need to be at the back of the box so it doesn't conflict with the subs because of their location. Does that make sense? But I've had great success with sub and port up in hatch backs

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 323
cwruck you know thilo personally i take it? ivetalked to him once, i know mike ankey (shocker audio) an him an thilo go way back. TC sounds makes great stuff but thilos business practices just make so hard to buy anything from them. mike was telling me he had to wait over a year to get his one shipment of sigs from thilo thats why he stopped using them for a build house. tc drivers though are fn sweet great sq and murder lows.

Silver Member

Post Number: 527
nope never met him, but i have talked to him quite a bit and ive done alot of research on his subs and he gave me all the info needed on them all, and ive used quite a few and learned how they work best.
but ya, the business aspect is soo horrible, if they could do it right the company sure could make a ton of money.
instead there is wait times on almost every single sub they now sell, and models that were supposed to be released to the public already are not yet.
its like a love hate with tc lol. you love their subs, but you hate the fact the way things are ran and how hard it is to get some

Silver Member
Username: Tedsprogz

Nunya, Florida US

Post Number: 123
reminds me of treo....the two most hated words of business...back...order... that crap about ruined my TV shop.

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1046
12'' Epics are now in stock

Silver Member

Post Number: 530
you better pick some up soon! they might be out of stock in like a week lol

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16465
hey sean check out the Robot Underground Black eye 12

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Eye-12D4-made-w-TC-Sounds-RE-Fi-HCCA-MTX-parts-/220691 534476?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item33623d928c

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1048
Ordered two earlier

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16466
or you could buy my stereo integrity mag 15 for 200 shipped and has a 20 hz fs and will get loud ported in 3 cf at 30 hz its a dual 2 ohm sub 1000 watt rms

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1049
Dam!!! Can you say deadener? lol
Sorry sean,already ordered the Epics. Interested in how these are going to sound. Never played around with any tc sounds subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 538
Nice man I wanna see lots of pics and vids and since you bought tc sounds if you need help designing a box I'm pretty good at making loud boxes lol

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1051
Just Ordered these yesterday. Took the 7 to 10 day free shipping option,but when i got home they were sitting on my porch.

UploadUpload

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 540
those do look nice and that's pretty cool with the shipping

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16467
wow fast delivery
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums