Y cable

Bronze Member
Username: Firestomper25

Kenmore, Ny United states

Post Number: 18
Sorry guys. This is a really stupid ? But i bought this y cable from walmart. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Scosche-Universal-Y-Cable-2-Pack/14667131 Before i hook it up to my head units sub rca out i just want to know something. I have a 4 channel amp. The amp has 2 rca ins. One is for the front channels as they are called and 2nd is for the rear speakers slash sub. I want to use both channles in bridged mode for 2 subs i have. Each sub is svc 4ohm rated only at 200rms. The amp is a sony xm-554zr. It should be enough for what i want now. Not a great hook up but i think it should sound ok. So the problem i am really asking about is if i can use those y cables to split each sub out that comes from the head unit. so i can use just the sub out for the 2 ins on the amp. So i would only use one of the female ends and both the male ends. So each male end would go to the corresponding in one the amp. The amp has high pass for the "front" and low pass for the "rear". I would not be using those. Both would be set to off.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us