Snow in atlanta + fun

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1803
so i went to play in the snow, dident make it far, maybe 5ft. but my subs moved some snow. all windows up.

Upload

knocked some snow off the van next to me.

Upload

lots of snow, well for Atlanta.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1794
Hahaha nice.. If you had a Subaru you would have a different meaning of fun in the snow.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24235
Wait till you get 24". Then panic.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1804
haha well my drive way is at some points like a 15% grade or something, i only made it 5ft before my car started sliding all over.

Silver Member
Username: Gutteer

Fort atkinson/Marshall, WI

Post Number: 195
move to wisconsin then talk we dont have like any snow now thanks to some warm weather and rain but when we do get it it sucks

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1419
That storm is heading my way.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1964
and coming down here to NY tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Time to bring out the shovels again

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1033
We get pretty lucky up here. Most big storms seem to hit the east coast and we usually only end up with 3 or 4''s when that happens. But...dam does it get cold!

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3104
It's suppose to snow tonight here in central Illinois, can't wait! time to ride the snowmobiles! Were lucky if we get 6", I want 3 ft!!!

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 666
We are supposed to get like 4-6 inches today. death, you driven in snow before? I remember when I was in the south and it snowed, most of the people didn't know how to drive.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1806
i have, but theres so much snow my car wont go up my steep a55 drive way. also people in Atlanta cant drive in the rain eather. its odd. i am usaly fine unless the car cant handle it. hows your build coming along? you have been MIA lately.

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 668
yea, that's what it was, it was rain in South Carolina. People drove like the roads were covered in ice. Yea, I know I've been MIA. Holidays, kids, etc. My build? Ummmmm, yea. Still waiting for a "nice" day to work on it. I don't do well in the cold. LOL Good to hear from ya though. Soon, I promise.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16867
those pics look like it came from the twilight zone show lol ..

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2195
No snow here in south texas LOL

about 45 degrees here

Gold Member

Post Number: 1795
Here in mass we are expecting about 15 inches tonight.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1811
turn up your bass and see if you can shake some snow off.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24238
One week ago the weather forecasters predicted a "snow event" for some time middle of the week.

5 days ago the conditions proved "possible" for an excess of 12" in my area. People start talking around the water cooler.

4 days ago the estimates continue to sway in both directions as the forecasters wait feverishly on weather models and updated info from their computers.

3 days ago the trigger is pulled and it is officially being called a possible "Nore-Easter" heading our way. Oooooh the excitement.

2 days ago rumors are floating around of getting 15"+ of snow, which classically revolves around a second low possibly contributing to the "perfect storm" paralyzing the North East. Snow shovels, once again, are sold out in stores.

Yesterday people start stocking up on food and fill the their gas tanks. Schools are preparing for early dismissals/closings, businesses are preparing the best they can for the removal and everyone with a plow has it strapped on the front of their truck waiting to make a fortune. HERE IT COMES!!!!

Today. Businesses close early, kids are ecstatic and the state prepares to shut down again in respect for this "historic" weather event. Dump trucks of sand and salt scour the area seemingly desperate to be the first to witness the first flakes. Millions of $ have already been spent and the OT for D.O.T. workers is expected to ravage our severely depleted budget even further.

Paul checks the latest radar and snow forecasts for the final time before the first flakes fall.

Expected 4"-6".

Upload

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1812
your weather people suck, we where told 4"-8" witch was more or less dead on depending where i stuck the tape measure. (yes my dumbass was out in sandals with a tape measure checking the snow.)

worst part, i have little food, a hella steep drive way, a Camry and simi bald tires after ~16000 miles, yet before the snow i when to Kroger, guess what i got. 2 packs of snow and a pizza. my apartment thing has ~1/2 of my insulation in and a big part of my over hand is missing a sheet of plywood and the squeals have taken refuge in my attic space witch drives the new kitten and me insane.

least i have power and internet.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5425
expecting 1-1.5" here...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1796
You got to love the weather men. Unfortunately i own a couple cars and have tons of stereo equipment in my bedroom but i have nothing installed. So for now i have no bass to shake the snow off.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24239
LMMFAO Marc. I have coworkers in Mass, Belchertown to be exact. They tell me you guys are in for a whopper lol!!!!

My son's school just announced a shut down for tomorrow. BIG surprise! We have 2 inches on the ground and another 2-4 coming. I've been brooming it all off my porch. What's the big freakin' deal?

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 1052
we just got around a foot, cool to look at but a pain in the azz

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 1053
its funny how i can drive threw 1 to 2 feet of snow in a 1990 lincoln with one wheel drive and half bald tires up and down hills and dumb.azzes with 4wd suv's and trucks are in ditches. Where the fu.ck and when the fck did common sense go out the window and why the fck is todays society so gdamn retarded when it comes to common sense normal everday life bs. Wtf people really . Went from baby boomers to gen x to retard gen. WOW

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24242
I got maybe 5". Wasn't even worth firing the snow blower up for. Took 15 minutes to clear my walk and driveway. Roads are all but wet and this "event" was over before it started.

I agree Pimp. Ppl around here positively freak when it snows. Lack of exposure/experience just strikes fear into some/many. I grew up in Western PA and we didn't even put our snow boots on for anything less than a foot. School was almost never closed unless they physically couldn't get the buses dug out and even then it was only an hour delayed opening. We got a dusting 2 weeks ago and it took me 45 minutes to travel 5 miles in the burbs. Ppl just go into panic mode and shut down all common sense.

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
same here in wisconsin we get all these people visiting from other cities and just slows everything down it took me 1hr to go 20 miles cause some outta towners

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1813
this is the first time i have had issues with the snow, was fine when i had the jeep >_>. i am one of the few people that still drives ~75 in the rain hear vs others going 45 with there hazards on.

i also don't have kids that will starve if i get hurt and i have full coverage on my car. i know when my sister and her husband had there kids they stopped riding dirt bikes after she smashed her pelvis and he gave up his crotchrockets.

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
That's true I don't have the risk of ruining a Childs life if I wreck my ccar

Gold Member

Post Number: 1797
I just got around 20 inches in mass. I shoveled for 15 hours straight yesterday and about 5 today so maybe i will be able to put some money away to the stereo fund for the spring.

I hear you guys on the ridiculous drivers. I feel like im in a video game weaving through traffic with drivers driving 10 miles an hour with the hazards on just because theirs snow on the ground. There is nothing worse then being in a rush when its snowing because thats when you get stuck behind the even slower drivers. I wont lie i have passed my share of people when i probably should not have this storm.

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
ive done the same getting to school in the morning joe

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1818
soooooo........ after ~2 hours of breaking ice off my driveway and moving snow and vibrating the snow off my car, well i got me self stuck.... trapped by ice on all sides, after i had part of the drive way i tried to just go really fast up the hill, it was fun tell i saw this.

thought i would share.

Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us