Xcon

Silver Member
Username: Allthingsfresh

Post Number: 134
Ordered an 18 D1 used 18 today for $279 from SSA's website. I'm pretty excited. Just thought i'd share. lol

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1796
pix and vids?

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 310
how is he gonna pics or vids if he just ordered it?

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 909
Excellent choice.

Silver Member
Username: Chevyfan502

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 194
I know the xcon leans more toward sq, but was wondering how much output it would have. For an easy comparison, obviously and HDC315 will be louder than an xcon 15, but how much louder? is it a huge difference?

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 195
No one knows lol? I know there will be one response comparing to the Fi Q probably, and sadly I haven't heard the Q just the BTL, BL, and SSD.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1413
The Xcon will have plenty of output depending on the enclosure you put it into, the vehicle its going into and how much power it will be seeing. Under the right circumstances it will do very well for you and still sound great while doing it. Great choice in sub.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16862
'''''''how is he gonna pics or vids if he just ordered it?''''''''' ...

nice choice - what amp will be playing it ..

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1797
"how is he gonna pics or vids if he just ordered it?"

when it comes in? i also thought it was the ZCON for a min.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 196
the xcon was one sub I was one sub I was considering trying out when I get the funds, after I get a death penalty 18 though
After I get my death penalty I was looking at the Xcon or Nightshade. Any of these subs would be paired to my 2200 so, I would be giving the Xcon over RMS. that is until I get a 3500 lol.....car audio is a SICKNESS, not a HOBBY. Stay clear if your a noob just getting into it and you like having money. It's like having 2 extra girlfriends.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1799
my g/f bought my last sub...... wait i am lost now.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2665
The Xcon is a great sub. If I was looking for something in the 1-2000 rms range it would probably be my pick. Well, tied with the Havoc anyway.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 197
So what do you guys think about the new death penalty? I've had my eyes on it for awhile, but sound quality and deadening among other things keep getting in the way.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 512
i was doing 146s off 1200 watts with an xcon tuned at 33 hz.
great sound quality as well, very smooth when it needed to be with rock and stuff, and with hip hop and low bass songs, just got crazy

so not the loudest, but a great sub for sure!!
ssa needs to lower their prices tho, i hardly see anyone running their stuff....

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16868
^ that is a great score for such little power & low tuning ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 513
hmmm ive always seemed to better than the average person with my scores, but still theres people breaking 150 off a single 10... so im still not that good yet! lol

Silver Member

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 910
The pricing is competitive for a low production, hand built in the USA product. We don't have the hype train or sponsor anyone. We don't really go after the pure SPL competition crowd, or the "I want to piss off the neighbors for a cheap as possible" crowd. Along with the fact we just cannot match pricing of brands that are building hundreds of drivers in China. Quality over quantity.

We did lower the price of the Icon (with the upgrades/updates) and the Dcon BTW.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3110
cwruck was that on a termlab? thats a great score!

Silver Member

Post Number: 518
yup sure was, sealed up. but this year im gonna go to alot of shows, i have a couple different set ups to use. and metering will be a little different for spleague. be able to meter at the kick. so my scores should go up.
i wanna try and bassrace 149.9 with my lms ultra! see how i do, if that doesn't work i have a few other set ups to mess around with

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
I got my sub yesterday! Extremely bigger than what i had expected. I took a pic of it next to my son but i had trouble resizing it so i'll have to post it later. But for now i need a budget amp! Want as much power as possible for about$250 maybe $300 or under. There's a guy selling a saz-1000d on CL in my city few months old for only 120 ! Should i just go with this for now or get maybe a hifonics 2600 or something 1700 at 2ohm?

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1824
AQ1200D $249 each
shipped NEW
Output Power 14.4V @ 1% THD
510X1 @ 4 ohm,
870X1 @ 2 ohm,
1200X1 @1 ohm

AQ2200D $389 each
shipped NEW
2200 @ 1 ohm

each can be found cheaper used.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
I need like 1200 at least at 2ohm though. Maybe i can find an AQ3500 for around $300 on CACO. If it was only working.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1826
the 2200 should be ~1100+ @ 2 ohms. for a good 2ohm amp you may try a kicker amp, they cant make subs for crap but there amps are not bad at all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 531
http://www.carstereoneeds.com/p26021/SOUNDSTREAM_RUB1.2500D_2500_WATT_MONO_AMPLI FIER_CAR_AMP/product_info.html

thats the amp im using, didnt order from that site.. but it seems legit

Silver Member

Post Number: 532
but if i ever find an aq 3500 for 300 i will pick that thing up instantly! most of the older versions still go for 450+ used, and the newer 3500.1 usually sell for 550+

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
Yea i think i'll look for an AQ2200 used. But i eventually want to throw about 2000 at this 18. At 2ohms that is. What about .5 though? Maybe a sundown amp at .5

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
I seen one on CACO the other day for 325! But i ordered my sub instead lol i think that it's still up there very suprising because the guy posted it about a month and half ago. I need to get it.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1827
iirc the AQ's will run at .5ohm as well. you could always get it reconed to dual 2 to get it down to 1 ohm.

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
I just bought it though. Lol how much are the recones? I probably coulda just bought a brand new sub dual 2 for the same price as the recone plus this used one. But i think that would be better. I'd rather have a 2000rms @1ohm amp. Too hard to find a good one @2ohm.

Silver Member

Post Number: 533
You can run aq and sundown at .5 ohm but you can expect the amps efficiency to be low like maybe 60% or so so expect it to draw a ton of current to get its power

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1828
cost verrys, talk to some one on SSA see what they say, other wise kicker makes 1200 and 2500 watt amps at 2 ohms, just keep your voltage up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
What about strapping 2 1000 watt amps? Would that be considerable? lol or just even more money and a waste?

Silver Member

Post Number: 535
aq 2200 sounds like the best cost effective way to do it in my opinion you will want to give that sub close to 2k or more to get the best performance. That sub is a beast with lows but takes power to really get it to shine! And a big box tuned low with lots of port. If not you may not be fully satisfied with it

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1831
i mean you could strap 2 saz-1000d's (RMS power, 2 ohm linkable/dual mono 1800W x 1CH) if you could get 2 cheep.

Silver Member

Post Number: 537
Strapping really isn't the best idea for daily plus it normally costs more and can lead to problems easier but if your comfortable with amps and how they work and you get a great deal on the amps go for it.you should be fine

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
Well i was thinking about an AQ2200 at 1ohm on it until i got the dual 1 ohm sub lol. I'm pretty sure it can take it and as long as i'm smart with it. I'm gonna try and see how much a recone is then and most likely get a 2200. Thanks for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 447
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/46695-fs-08zx15001-kicker/page__p id__741594#entry741594

that'll put out your 1700 at 2 ohms and you wouldn't have to get a recone or run your amp at .5 ohm. The aq is cheaper and new but your voiding the warranty right away if you run it at half ohm. And I couldn't see paying for a recone on a perfectly functioning sub, recone will run 100-150 plus the cost of shipping that heavy b@stard. Just my 2 cents

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
How about a BNIB Power Acoustik BAMF 5500/1 and 2 year warranty for about $350 .. It has 200amps of fuse. And says 2500rms at 2ohm. So would it be a little less around 2000?

Silver Member

Post Number: 542
You can actually get that amp for 250 new but it is just a waste of money I would never recommend any amp from that company

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
Yea that's what i was thinking i would have never considered this but because i'm on such a budget right now i've been looking for anything that would work well. Not even any kinda cheap amp that says like 3000rms but would really put out less that i could use? lol you know what i'm tryna say..?

Silver Member

Post Number: 543
Audio pipe 3k is 300 and does rated 3000 wats at 2 ohms bridged but at high thd but my buddy has 2 and they aren't that bad.

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
It does that at 2 ohms bridged? How much would it put out at just 2ohms? That might be my best bet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
It does that at 2 ohms bridged? How much would it put out at just 2ohms? That might be my best bet. It's soo ugly though i wish i could just get a sundown or AQ right now. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 544
Its like a class d 2 channel so you just bridge it to get power but I like the aq better but for a budget a set up its basically the best you can get for your money

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
How much is it gonna give me bridged at 14volts? All i need is 2000 for my xcon. But i wouldn't mind putting 2500. Just keep the gain down right.

Silver Member

Post Number: 546
It does 3000 just keep the gain down a little and it has all filters on it only bad thing is it only has 1 set of rcas

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
i need more than one? Just from the head unit to amp .. or?

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1842
the AP-30001D seems to be 2 AP-15001D's strapped inside the case.

Upload

Silver Member

SSAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 911
Keep in mind the Xcon does not need loads more then ratted, heck it does not even need ratted power. So 1500 is plenty. I usually tend to suggest quality over peak power ratting on amplifiers. Maybe look for used options that are in good shape that are in your budget range.

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 448
So like I was sayin, that kicker amp would hook it up. Quality product too.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 204
I know its hard to accept, but almost all the time it is better to wait that extra month or so, save, and get something good. You'll be happier with no regret in the end. Save some more and get the AQ2200D. True 2200rms, good quality that will last, and a clipping indicator so you don't abuse your sub a little to much.

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
I know. I realized that today. I was already planning on a lot more money for an h/o alt, another xcon, double power, bats, etc. But since now i'm just going to do one 18 and less power. And not a 300amp alt. I'd rather wait and get the better product. I just want to get this going already! But i can wait. Hopefully 2012 isn't the end so i can finish my install. haha jk but the Trevor i need a 1500 at 2 ohms. Hopefully in about 2 weeks to a month i can buy an amp. Kicker 1500 is the only one on my list as of right now. Any other amps that will put out 1500- 1800 at 2 ohm under 600? That i can maybe find used as well. But i'm going to try an get that kicker amp that zack suggested.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 205
lol wow my bad on my suggestion. I knew that's what you needed too I umm somehow forgot
Well, they are not the same amp at all, but I have an 08 ZX650.4 that has been a great amp for me for awhile now. The kicker would be a good choice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
Kicker 1500.1 or Alpine mrp-2000 ? lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 553
That sound stream I posted a couple days ago will do 1700 at 2 ohms and is 300 new

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
Sound Stream it most likely is.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
Will it actually do 1700 though? That is a hellla cheap price.

Silver Member

Post Number: 554
It will people say it does around 2700 at 1 ohm.. Rubicon series was one of the best amps back in the day and today they are sound streams 2nd best amps they make. The reference is their best right now
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us