Username: Tmotor

Post Number: 21
Jim is my nigga.

That is all.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5420
I agree. There are parts of the Bible that should be changed or deleted aswell. Then some parts of the Constitution should be deleted. Yes We should continue to censer and or outright ban all works of lititure that may offend some one. Even the internet should be shut down due to offinsive posts.
When I read something in a book, or online, it should make me feel happy and fuzzy inside and not question authority. History should only be kept for 7 years, That way we will feel better not having made any mistakes...
Yea..Go Goverment....I would keep going, but I'm going to go pre-pay my quarterly taxes..They need as much cash as possible to keep us safe from offensive material.

(If I have offended anyone with this post, Please feel free to contact the Admin to have it deleted)

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1795
people still believe in that work of crap? at best its a loose history book thats been exzargeted, and maybe some basic guide lines for life in a time where people thought lightning was god. theres also study's that show on avg people that believe in god have lower IQ's. there is also study's saying that reglious people enjoy music more then those that don't.

the gov only needs to be involved in so much before they become part of the problem. history should also be written by a third party instead of the winner of a war, or who ever is in power. theres a lot of things that need to be fixed that probably never will be.

now after saying all this i have no problem with most reglious people / groups as long as they don't push it on me or use it to make desions just because an old book thats has lost a lot in translation over the years.

really the only thing you need to take from the bible is try and be a good person and maybe as a loose historical document.

none the less everyone can make there own choices, its part of life. use your life experncies to makeup your mind on things not just what someone tells you is right.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11677
Upload

Upload

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2664
Where did this thread come from?

There are studies stating those who attend church live longer than those who dont:
http://brewright.blogspot.com/2007/09/do-christians-live-longer.html
With religious people liking music I can't find a study, but it would make sense that people who sing hymns and enjoy music that relates to their beliefs would like music more than those who listen to Weird Al or Young Joc.

As far as religious people being stupid there's the debate that as you look at income poor people tend to be more religious. You could argue that poor people are poor because they're stupid, or that they scored lower on IQ tests because they are from poor families and don't have a good education.

I'm not trying to push my thoughts/beliefs on anyone, my brother likes to argue with me that the bible is a load of crap, but when you consider the numbers of people who act better because they fear damnation in the afterlife it's a good book. He says it's caused wars, but so have woman and most men I know aren't giving them up. I don't care what people believe honestly, they can do what they like, but stereotyping an entire group of people based on their beliefs never works. It's like saying all Jews are money hungry.

Now government I agree completely. Cops, jails, roads, are all things we should have to pay into because most people would not willingly donate, but it's way out of hand.

Our country was founded and made great by capitalism, and now it is looked down upon. The government keeps 'creating jobs' but where is the money coming from? Taxing the companies and wealthy who create the real jobs. People say wealthy have too much money, but what happens when your hours get cut at work, or you don't make a sale, etc? You cut back on your expenses some to compensate. A business suddenly has to pay an extra $50,000 in taxes, they cut two jobs. I have a friend who buries cable lines for a living, he has since high school, and was paying 2 guys to help him. He started making less money so he fired them. I have plenty more stories like this but you get the idea.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 333
Poor people go to church more cuz they have nothing else to do, no strenuous job. Also, the bible belt is full of low SES FAMILIES, who feel the need to teach their kids about God. Elsewhere in the nation, ppl are too caught up in materialistic goods and physical wealth to be worried about their metaphysical identity and morales.

Religious ppl also have higher self-esteem and are complacent with their lives. Many of these studies however, are not accurate, because there are many factors at play here, and to say one thing is the cause or effect of another thing would just be too easy.

And regarding religion and philosophy, each of us have our own view, and it is very ignorant to try and make blanket statements and hair-brained remarks with no forethought.........................

"There are parts of the Bible that should be changed or deleted aswell. Then some parts of the Constitution should be deleted."

"theres also study's that show on avg people that believe in god have lower IQ's. there is also study's saying that reglious people enjoy music more then those that don't."

That last line made me LOL.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24222
Religion is a state of mind. What you believe in is YOUR world. The moment an organization tells you that in order to be a member of their group requires you to pay is when it doesn't become a religion, but a business.

I can believe in God and practice in his ways without sacrificing 15% of my salary to do so. The INSTITUTION is corrupt. (Meaning anyone looking to skim off the top.)

Where there's $ there is corruption and deception.

Religion is how you live your life everyday and how you treat your loved ones and neighbors.

If I have to pay for that then someone needs a wedgie.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 335
I love your Christ, but not your Christians - Ghandi

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 336
I love your Christ, but not your Christians - Ghandi

Bronze Member
Username: Tmotor