Tc sounds setup

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1268
So I just got the big 3 done with my 300 amp alternator, and am looking to go with a tc sounds setup. Want really low bass, so thinking lms, budget on subs and amp is about 2500. Have about 15 cu ft to work with net.

Just looking for anyone who knows from experience how their different subs compare to each other and how much power I'd need. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 301
pair of 5200's an around 5k rms. ported tuned low. would be brutal.

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 285
I have an lms 5400 18 that i ran for 2 years on a rf t30001bd. it was the best sounding sub i've ever owned. lows were incredible. its the older style with the red basket. i've heard the ultra 5400 sounds the same. but for some reason the rms on mine was 5000 and the new ultras are 2500.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 302
their rated different. pretty sure the old version was 5k rms on music and the new ones are 2500 rms continous like if you burped it. not sure though. really though don't need all that power just makes heat no reall advanagte from 3k to 5k per sub.

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 286
i wouldn't dream of putting that much power on it. mine was seeing maybe 2k. still was loud enough for me. just an awesome sub though.

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1269
what size box did you have that in? i've heard they operate off only 5-6 cu ft. would it be worth it to build it more in the 8 cu ft range of no? i'll be going ported tuned around 26-28 hz

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 287
I had a 5.5 cube tuned to 30. it was incredible with the lows. i'm sure it would do great in 8 cubes. i would have went bigger, but i have a young daughter and i couldn't compromise taking any of the passenger room. just an unreal sub. was like a quick punchy 10 or 12 but with extreme output, if that makes any sense.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us