Your help is needed

Username: Eatchrisbcreme

Post Number: 1
Ok so I have an aftermarket headunit, 2 12' kenwood subs and a Boss amplifier. I have the subs hooked up to the amp through the bridged connection with 16 gauge wire (yes i know i need new speaker wire but it seemed to work fine for a while.) Anyways, after a 2 week vacation i left my car outside in the snow and came back and ran my stereo system for about 5 minutes with the subs kicking pretty hard then suddenly the subs stopped working. I looked at the amplifier and the green light indicating the amplifier still has power is still on but the subwoofers wont work. Is there a blown fuse? is this hooked up correctly? (previous setup was working for about a year and a half).

Username: Oitze

Unknown, Unknown Unknown

Post Number: 1
It possible that your subwoofers are blown, you said that you left
Your car in the snow for 2 weeks and you started bumping, it is
Possible that your subs were frozen, and you didn't give it time to warm up before you started bumping so they blew, if you have ascess to a digital voltmeter you can test your subs to see if they are blown just turn the meter to ohms and mesasure the resistance and if the number stay at the correct ohms for your subs then your fine but if they jump around from like 4ohms to 15 or something then your subs or toasted, but hey it was only a kenwood subwoofer
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us