Anybody have opinions on re mt's

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 282
bought an re 12" mt. wondering if they are pretty decent subs? have used xxx and se's but never heard an mt. and what they compare to.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3345
it's RE's straight spl sub. they get damn loud. comparable to a fi btl i guess.

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1264
the mt is pretty much a strictly spl sub
a really nice one too

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 283
250 a pretty fair price for a new one

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

KY USA

Post Number: 731
I think everything RE is overrated really. but for the right price anything could suit the purpose.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16858
have worked with 1 of these b4 : ...

http://www.trinituner.com/v3/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=290589&hilit=12+RE+MT+re view

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3093
"I think everything RE is overrated really. but for the right price anything could suit the purpose."

Really? Ive heard multiple re se's setups and loved the way each one sounded. owned some re8's and they were nice sounding for an entry level woofer. After all, their original designs were done when scott @ Fi worked for the company.

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 284
the current xxx and mt are still scott's design. neither have been changed since scott left in 05-06.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

KY USA

Post Number: 734
Im not saying that RE sucks, and im not saying that the designs suck either. What im saying is , i have seen a decline in performance since they became a highly distributed line. For example, a friend of mine has an RE XXX 12 on a US Amps MD3D, in a custom enclosure and my daily driver has an Atomic AP12 on an Atomic 1000.1 and its a world of a difference in similar vehicles, half the power and half the price. So to me, The "Shop" price of RE is rediculous. RE products look good and sound good, m just syaing for the money there are other things Id rather put in my car.(personal preference.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2663
What are 'similar vehicles?'
A tahoe and suburban are similar vehicles so I have to ask.
I agree with the decline in things to an extent, but for a mainstream company they have some nice stuff for the most part. I would also prefer the mt over the apx, its personal preferance I suppose.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 291
mt very nice spl driver that can sound good in the right box, but buy used never new. ever since the buyout re prices are ridicoulous.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us