Whining noise coming through speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Hunter77

West milford, Nj United states

Post Number: 24
Hello just got my new system for christmas. i got an mb quart onyx 4.80 amp powering my new alpine 5 1/4 type r components. i listened to it for a couple of days and they were as clear as day now i get inside my jeep and there is this whining noise coming through the speakers and it wont go away! the noise has to be alternator noise becuase it doesnt whine when the car is off and when i do turn the car on it moves up and down with the engine RPM's. i tried everything i made my headunit ground to my amp ground moved my rcas to the other side of the car and it still wont get rid of the noise! do i need to get a new alternator? or a new amp? someone please help me i cant stand driving without music!!!

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 247
what head unit do you have and did you ground the HU to the frame of the car? sounds like a ground loop check your grounds...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
i have a kenwoood excelon headunit. yes i grounded the headunit all the way to the back where my amp grounds are.its all on the same bolt

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
i have a kenwoood excelon headunit. yes i grounded the headunit all the way to the back where my amp grounds are.its all on the same bolt

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 254
that is bad, they should NOT be all grounded to the same bolt, just run the ground to the firewall or something.

Bronze Member
Username: Firestomper25

Kenmore, Ny United states

Post Number: 19
Or . It is said that if your power and rca cable are run next to each other it will make that sound. Try separating them to one on each side. hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us