.25 stable
strapable
and i believe can handle up to 18volt supply

Also they are releasing a 1000watt rms 8"sub

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

KY USA

Post Number: 730
i forgot where i was, this is ecoustics, without pics i have failed. end of post lol

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 285
cool

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16855
'''''''i forgot where i was, this is ecoustics, without pics i have failed. end of post lol'''''

well at least u said it b4 ppl told u ....

atomic is good stuff ...

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3092
Interesting. seemed like atomic kinda fell under the radar on most car audio forums for a while. I like their stuff.

Silver Member

KY USA

Post Number: 732
The main reason atomic isnt a household name is because their focus is not to market their "Atomic Brand". They are the OEM for many brands out their today. The reason the atomic subs are not flashy looking is because they are made for pure performance . All the flash is left to the other brands.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24200

quote:

Also they are releasing a 1000watt rms 8"sub

Wolfman should be excited.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24201
Anyone think he still has those RE 8's?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16857
also they have not changed any of their products in a sort of a long time while other brands change up , gotta update ur stuff to keep ppl interested ...

Silver Member

KY USA

Post Number: 733
The amps have been changed recently. stronger power supplies and different chassis. They now have Apoc line of components. They do update their products but they dont update their website . The just updated it recently as well but it is not finished. I actually talk to them daily so i stay informed of most if not all news.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16859
ok cool

they had their previous website that same way for yrs so the public probably kept thinking same ol same ol ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 294
whats so special about a 1k rms 8inch? as long as its a 3in vc and has a decent spider setup should be fine. that amp is probally really nice but probally costs a ton compared to other amps that would do close to same power. just my opinion.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3095
I'd assume they wouldn't use anything bigger than a 2.5" coil just for lack of suspension.

NoLimit they are still using zenon boards in there amplifiers? they only sell a 1000.1, 1600.1, and 5000.1 now? The heatsink on the 1600.1 looks IDENTICAL to my rd1750.1v2's, no fuses either. I knew sja supplied rd's parts, but are there amps from the same supplier now to?

Another thing that struck me was theres local atomic dealer near me and he had 2 12" apx (856's) and the motors had the same top and bottom plate as the rd heavyweight v2's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 297
ya there was a big deal awhile back about rd and atomic motors looking very similar and their amps being very similar.

Silver Member

KY USA

Post Number: 738
Atomic is RDs OEM

also
Dustin, who said anything was special? I just siad they are releasing one. never said it was special just a new product.

Silver Member

KY USA

Post Number: 739
As far as what amps they sell.

In stock they have
As far as what they will have for 2011
8500.1 replaced the 7000.1
2200.1 is being talked about being brought back
im not sure about the 800.1
also they are tlaking bout expanding the multichannel amps

Silver Member

Post Number: 298
well you must think its special you make a post stateing their coming out with a 8 that handles 1k. Who cares seriously. I could shove a 8in basket on my shocker sig motor but guess what no one cares.

Silver Member

KY USA

Post Number: 740
thats why i said atomic fans, i didnt say hey jackass, come reply to a post you dont care about. People like you suck at life. If i see a post that i dont care about then i wont reply. Looks like u have nothing better to do with life but to down talk someone. and obviously a few people did care.

Silver Member

KY USA

Post Number: 742
I can already tell where this will go, im not here to argue im just here to advise and to share info. Didnt mean to stoop that low. this thread is over. im not going to reply any further.

Silver Member

Post Number: 299
lol your such a douche have a nice day.

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
also donnie, they could use a 2.5in vc but over time the vc will eventually fry. a 2.5in is meant to take 500-800 wrms. if you put a 1k to it, even clean watts, over time it will turn black an fry.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3096
I haven't played with many 2.5" coil woofers, but I've seen some RD sonance v2's (2.5" roundwire aluminum versions) get abused thermally and they have all held up. I built a box for a friends sonance, he ran it for near 6 months on 1300w (and he doesnt know what clean power means lol), coil is still good but he managed to rip the leads off from over excursion. I had a temporary sonance (again roundwire alum) in my truck that had one of the leads pulled on one coil, I put over 1kw to a single coil for a few months and never had a problem (got hot, but never blew). A member on here Timmy ran an 18" sonance but with flatwound alum coils on 1750w and never had a problem.

The only problem I could see with a 2.5 coil in an 8" woofer is the coil would need to be really light weight due to such a small cone, therefore less gurth. Otherwise in bigger woofers I dont see a problem. But thats from my experience with only 1 particular woofer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 305
ya true the 2.5 coil will hold up but after awhile it will turn to black an fry. my sig has a 3in vc and when it was reconed the bottom half was a blackish brown color and mike said it was from taking more power thermally than it could handle for long periods of tme. which the guy before me was running 2500+rms daily and beat the crap outta it for a couple years like that. it also depends what kind of former it has and the cooling built into the motor. i mean it won't happen in a couple weeks or months probally closer to a year of continous everyday beating where the vc gets really hot.

Silver Member

KY USA

Post Number: 746
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8516
fu.cking awesome..

beat that you sh1tty sundownz,rd and all that new crap that is comming

true legend always rules..
i am tired of everyone trying to get a company with the same korean made xenon amps as everybody and just resell them and Say they have some tweaks.. bull cr@p

atomic was the one that started the sh1t and is going to continuing doing it .. cuz is the sh1t no matter what .. even that atomic uses the same warehouse as all the new starters.. but hye atomic got the hook up with xenon.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8456
1000wrms w/ an 8" cone and a 2.5" coil?

Damit.

I can see the 2.5" coil handling 1000wrms w/ ease, but that suspension better be another animal.

stiff as a MF to control that tiny little Sd. And unless the gap is HUGE, it's likely that it will be VERY enclosure dependent.
Even though, nice to see a big-power 8" out there.

I would love to hear it. There is nothing like running more power on your pair of 8's that the next guy runs on his 4-15's...lol.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8457
On a side note.

One thing that hurt Atomic back in the day when they really started to get big was the whole USACi fiasco.

IIRC, the Atomic 1800w amps were in the same size case as the 1200w amps. USACi used to have a 0-300w stock class. ALOT of Atomic 1200w amps where popping up in that class and the amp got protested. USACi checked like 8 different '1200w' amps from different shops and out out of those they found that like 4 of them were actually the 1800w board in the 1200w case.

USACi outlawed all Atomic amps at that point. They said that no matter what Atomic amp you were running (even if it was a 500w sub amp) you were automatically pushed to the 'Unlimited' classed where you would compete against the guys w/ multiple batts and unlimited power.

Around that time, you started to see alot of Atomic OEM brands such as RD. Same stuff, different brand...so...according to USACi rules, it was legal in normal classes.

In recent years, IIRC, Atomic has been de-blacklisted though.

Since then, USACi has 'claimed' to crack down on cheater-amps. But there are still quite a few of them out there that remain questionable.

Also, IMHO...USACi should just totally do away w/ 4ohm rated power. It confuses the average Joe and kills the pure spirit of competition.

Silver Member

KY USA

Post Number: 747
The model of the 8 above is the AP8, there is also a quantum 8 that holds 600wrms and is an SQ driver.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8527
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16898
seems like she is enjoying that ....

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 4871
I was going to pick up some atomic apx's back in the day. They sounded so clean..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24348
Am I wrong to be semi sexually aroused by that pic?

Dammit you all are too.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16564
how much is that apx 8 and what size box does it take

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16566
hard to believe i was into audio when atomic opened for business

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1094
Im not gonna lie here...That pic gave me half a chub.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8530
you pervs................

Silver Member

KY USA

Post Number: 749
thats the APoc 8 not the apx8, there isnt an Apx8, i can get box specs tomorrow

Platinum Member