Amplifier Protection Mode

Username: Pharoah

Post Number: 1
HI, just put in my juice ja490 and my alphasonic psw112c. Everything worked fine, was testing it out a few songs and sounded great. Then all of a sudden the sub stops working, and i notice the light on the amplifier has turned from the blue power light to the red protection light. I looked online for some solutions, disconnected the sub from the amp, and the protection light stays. Disconnected the rcas, and the protection light stays. Removed the remote turn on, theres no light, and when i connect it the light comes on again. When i disconnected the rcas the light goes dimmer, is that important? Id be grateful for any help, bear in mind im only a student in sixth form so im not rolling in money. Although i admit this is probably a case of buy cheap pay twice, i want to make sure theres nothing else i can do before buying a new amp.

Thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1406
Try turning the gain (input sensitivity) down. Also make sure your ground connection is solid. Lastly make sure you have the sub(s) running at an ohm load thats acceptable for that amp.

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 664
^ X2

Post Number: 2
Ive realised i hadnt matched the amp and sub properly. The amp only gives out 150 W whereas the sub is 230 RMS. It was a schoolboy error really, could this be the problem causing the amp to go into protect mode?

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 1042
nope, do what SKD said.

Post Number: 3
Ive disconnected the speakers and its still in protection mode. If tried a second ground and still no change
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us