Looking to replace the speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 232
I purchased a set of cdt cl-61a's with the tw-24 upgraded tweeter, and after having nothing but problems with them, from the xovers frying, to the mids blowing nuts, i decided that im going to purchase a new set. I dont want to spend that much money this time, ~ $100, i am looking at eather the PG RSD set and just using the 6.5's as replacements for now and buying something better in the future or buying a set of crecendo audio ccx65's http://www.crescendoaudio.com/product.php?productid=17514&cat=251&page=1
let me know what you think.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8431
What amp are you currently running for your front stage?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8432
Also, when the XO's fried...did the caps pop like popcorn and make some nice cotton looking fluffy stuff all over the place?

Silver Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 233
I have 2 cdt tw-25 tweeters and 1 cl61a 6.5 since the other one is blown, and some ID xovers, In the cdt xovers that came with the set the switches on the xover fried also im running them on a kicker zx350.2

Silver Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 234
to clarify, the plastic switch melted inside the metal casing and fell off the board basically.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8433
The plastic melted?

I gonna call that clipping.

There is slim to no chance that clean AC wave from the amp would create that much heat from a 110w x 2 @ 4ohm amp.

Exploded caps would also indicate clipping.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11673
This has user abuse written all over it. My guess on what happened here is to agree with canaan.

As for other options for components, those pg are not very good, ive heard some of them. 100 is just a way low budget for good components.

Bronze Member
Username: Streetlegal

Post Number: 20
I agree with M.S. 100 is too low for comps.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11675
U can ask yanks or sean about those components. Somebody had a set at a meet we had a while back and we all thought they were sub par.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us