Fi X take 500rms?

Silver Member
Username: Chevyfan502

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 187
Exactly as the title says, got a buddy looking to get a 12 and put it on 500rms.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 188
nobody dealt with this sub? there is some 12's left from the black FiDay sale on their site. Just need to know if they can handle around 500rms. Stats say 300rms, but obvously Fi like many others, usually take more than rms.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 278
what amp is it? you should be fine as long as you don't clip it.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 189
RF prime 500...does 500rms at 2 ohms. I had a post awhile ago with ssa dcon vs ia 187 vs aq sdc, but then found the fi x for cheaper. He's on a real tight budget right now. bought the fix x about 10 mins ago, so i hope it does the job for him. I'ma do 2 cubes tuned to 32hz

Silver Member

Post Number: 281
should be good, if anything just turn the gain down a touch.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1404
I don't know if I'd run the full 500 rms to them, but if you wanted to set the gain to do around 350 rms or so to the subs, so after any kind of voltage drop, they would still be getting a clean 300 a piece. He wouldn't notice a big difference from 300 - 500 rms.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 190
Well, that is kind of disappointing lol. Have you owned this sub before or have a buddy that has one? I know its not the same motor or anything as the SSA Dcon or IA 187, but was hoping it was in the same category of being able to take 500....Well dmm's don't work to well setting gains as they aren't accurate (frequencies constantly change obviously) and I dont have an O-scope, so I wonder where I should set the gain with 2V head unit pre-outs so a noob can't hurt it. I have a general idea with my system because I have 4V outs, just don't wanna set the gain too low for him and only be getting 125 watts lol.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 191
Oh yea, one more thing. It is going into an s-10 blazer for now, and I know the obvious best choice is sub up, port back but with a single twelve could i just do sub and port back, so in case he switches vehicles in the near future the box will work well in a car too?

Silver Member

Post Number: 283
box would be fine like that. As for the amp gain just find the best bass song you got turn the cd player up to almmost max then turn the gain up till the sun sounds like its getting overpowered or clipping. O scopes an dmm are just good for guiedlines imo.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24184
You'll be fine. Just be careful with the dials like they say.

It's like driving the Bugatti Veyron in a parking lot. Driven correctly and within limits everything is fine. Trying to push the car faster than what the parking lot was built for will, well, you know.

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 221
Doesn't a 500W amp put out about 400W?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3343
take a look at dc sounds level 2's.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3085
Dont go crazy with port area lol, keep it on the smaller side

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 325
huggi, it depends on the brand amp obviously. And trevor, tune your box low maybe 30 or 32. NoOne likes midBass anyHow

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 222
If you have 6.5's that get down to 60 Hz and the sub/speakers crossed at 60 Hz, you don't really need midbass. Unless you only listen to Eminem.

... and most amps are around .8-.9 efficiency?

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 192
Yea I planned on 2 cubes tuned to 32hz with 14-16 in of port area.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 193
per cu. ft. I mean lol. 28-32in port area.

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
well if you wanna get technical once you figure in impedance rise voltage drop efficiencey loss your amps is really only putting out a couple hundred watts at any given time. Plus music is dynamic so your never really gonna see a true 500watts unless its pretty much a pure bass tone.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3089
^or you clip the sh!t out of it lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 292
clipping doesn't "add" power just makes a nice wave turn square which heats up the vc and will cause your sub to fail.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us