Box design opinions.

Bronze Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 77
Ok, so I have everything ordered for my new setup, pair of IDQ10v3's powered by an AQ2200D @ 2-ohms.

I am going to build the box with some friends of mine very soon (hopefully start within 3 days) and I wanted to get some opinions from anyone.

Heres what I have:
Upload
Upload

Port Length: ~35 in.
Volume: 3.18 cf
Fb: ~30hz

This is all before speaker displacement. I just wanted to know what people think, I have never put any of my ported enclosure designs to the test yet since I am quite new to car audio.

I was wondering if I should shape the port bend a little better? or Is this way ok?

Also do you think the box will need bracing?

Thanks in advance for any constructive input.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8429
What is the length of the back wall of the port?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
14.5" on the inside edge (square edge).

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16853
join ID forum & pm eric stevens - he will promptly give u great advice & a box design too ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
I made a box design post for an ID10v3 in a Home Theater application on the ID forums about 1 month ago and it has yet to receive a single reply, I guess ill try PMing him. That doesn't mean I don't want you all opinions though! Lets hear em.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5865
Box design looks pretty good. From my experience with the IDmax's, they do well in a variety of different enclosures so it should sound great. The way you shaped the port bend would work just fine, and bracing never hurts... although you could get away with it in this case.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 279
looks good.

Bronze Member
Username: Streetlegal

Post Number: 18
^x2

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
I guess this mornings EARLY posts got deleted.

I guess most of you think I don't NEED to do any bracing, just to be safe I'm gonna take some scrap MDF after the main cuts are finished and maybe make a couple pillars in the middle of the box, to be safe.

This build probably won't start till Sunday/Monday so any suggestions/modifications/comments are still welcome.

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 219
Looks good. If it had 45's on all corners it would help with the air-flow, I wonder how much of a gain that is. Try a flared plastic port (tube cut in half).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
Yea now that I think about it I will probably at least 45 that top right corner.

Silver Member

Post Number: 282
45s in the corners really just help with port noise might gain slightly but maybe like .5 dbs if that. should be fine with no braceing but wont hurt to put some.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5870
not even .5... In this kind of application it would only help maybe a few hundreths or a tenth

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
good to know dustin lol. doesn't help or hurt to put it so its up to you if you want to do it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us