Dub Turbo!

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 209
I bought Dub Turbo (digital music production software) and it's pretty awesome although my computer isn't good enough to run it without it freezing all of the time. I've had it for a day and I've made two bass testers, and I'd like some opinions on them - is the bass/quality okay, does it get as low as hell? Dub Turbo is supposed to be top quality but I can't find a drum kit that I like. Most of the sounds are useless for rap beats but its soooo easy to use.

Does anyone use this?

Here's beat 1 / 3.13 MB - I have dial-up so I couldn't upload the whole thing, both are pretty much the same all of the way through.

http://www.tempfiles.net/download/201012/138943/bass-test-2.html

I'm working on a killer beat but it's just on paper. It's easier to plan it all out in your head first. I need to buy extra sounds.

Great for $30.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 210
Beat 2 / 3.19 MB.

http://www.tempfiles.net/download/201012/138958/rap-3.html

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1779
dial-up is still around?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 211
So are cheap parents.

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1019
Ive been really interested in doing something like this lately. I just want to mess around with some beats an sounds. Do you have any suggestions on something i could start out with? Would this dub turbo be something good to start out on?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11669
lol the 90s called and wants their dial-up internet connection back, for realz.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 212
It's apparently better and easier to use than programs that are $599. DT is $30, with extras. $30 gets you a membership/licence for 20 years (you can download all version upgrades from then on), and you can also buy a licence that allows you to sell your beats on their site and elsewhere. One producer says he could do "5-10 beats a day at $250 each). Half a million a year. You can make Jeezy style beats. For the price alone it's better. You can import sounds and use a midi keyboard.

For instance, with Fruity Loops 9 software you can't use it on a desktop while offline (I think) - only online, from a site.

Even if you're away from your computer, you can use Dub Turbo on their site and save projects by emailing them to yourself, and all without downloading. I used it today on a friends laptop with wireless internet at 80 kb/s, it was an instant load. It ran better too.

I played Black Ops too, on a 60ish" true high-def flat screen with that "true motion" picture, and it's sooooo awesome. Everything moves quicker and it's shocking to know that you've been watching laggy TV all your life.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 213
By the way, dial-up was the only option for this location before 2008.

Bell charged us for a Turbo Stick that we didn't even use, and it was supposed to be a few months free. Sent it back, they send another and charge us for that one, and we didn't use it!

Silver Member
Username: Gutteer

Fort atkinson/Marshall, WI

Post Number: 168
its good but it could be better its missing something but i cant put my finger on it i doubt i could do even that good im just voicing my opinion

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 214
Thanks, that's what I thought.

There isn't a great selection of sounds, and the beats are missing main & background instruments/sounds, which I'm adding. There aren't specific sine waves to choose from so I just pick the lowest/loudest/cleanest key/sound I can find. After like 6 layers it gets confusing, too much to write.

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
im all ready confused

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 215
Here's what I'm working with now.

http://www.tempfiles.net/download/201012/139065/hot-beat.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
sounds a lot better but what i think you should add is a deep bass hit then 3-4 higher but not much higher in there i think it would sound good but thats just me

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 216
It goes - high bass - lowlowlow - lowlowlow - high - lowlowlow - single deep hit. The 3 low hits are all close together and it doesn't sound as low as one hit at the end. I'm adding mid bass next.

Those are actually the lowest I could find (listed under key kit Crunk1). I'm going to try to import a 20 Hz sine wave and chop it up to fit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
oh i cant really tell my headphones suck but thats pretty much what i was thinking

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 217
I got crazy with it. Sound familiar? LOL!

I'm going to add other Starwars sounds (like lightsabers) to it, make it into a full song, and try to sell it on the DT site.

http://www.tempfiles.net/download/201012/139168/starwars.html

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 223
This ones awesome. It's unmixed so there's pauses between choruses/verses.

http://www.tempfiles.net/download/201101/139339/right-now.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us