Power and RCA question

Username: Serg82

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I am currently running two old school power 800.2 amp powering two Phoenix Gold - RSdC 124. I have a 300 Farad capacitor keeping somewhat steady power. My question is when I took everything to get installed they ran 4 gauge wire. Is this sufficient? If not would you suggest i run 1/0gauge or possibly just running an additional 4 gauge wire to the capacitor.
Next question.
When i move my RCA cables on one of my amplifiers i am getting gitter noise spikes. I am thinking I need to replace this cable. Here is my question currently they are running a Y-splitter to two seperate RCA cables to the amplifiers. When I used to have my old system I would run one long RCA then use the Pass and run a shorter RCA to the other amplifier. Which method would be ideal and provide the best setup since I have to replace the RCA cable. I am going to purchase new RCA cables for a higher quality.

Username: Jrock

IL Usa

Post Number: 4
frist get a lower gage and the noise is that if you take a live wirer and put it around anyother live wirer your are makeing noise wicth is thay the soundwaves singanil are crossing thats what that is but the RCA thing what i have done works great get a BX45 - Boss 2/3 Way Electronic Crossover so you can put the RCA from the head to the crossover and then get 2 shorter RCA and plug on to your amps like normal i think its cleaner and sounds great

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 245
go with 1/0 get rid of the cap that is a waste of money and space. run new rca cables and keep them away from the power cables, make sure you have a good ground. Use a distro block go from 1/0 to your amp

Username: Serg82

Post Number: 3
I looked at the BX 45 and there is only one output. So I am assuming I should use that then connect to one amp then use the bypass to connect the other amp? And I just ordered new 1/0 wires. I guess i said the wrong thing its not a cap its one of those kinetic batterys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us