PowerBass 2xl vs Kicker comp 12s

Username: Djgappa

Post Number: 7
hey so i have a choice of 2 kicker comp 12" or 2 PB 2XL 10" i just got a small demo of the kickers in a sealed box on 600w and was not to impressed, anyone have some exp with both the subs?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16844
why only those 2 choices ? ...

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 272
If you are looking for just loud, you won't be happy with sealed. i have a comp 12 in a 2 cube ported tuned to 32 that i have used for a little low end when I'm in between builds. i use a little alpine f450 which puts out around 450 watts at 2 ohm. i like it. its suprising loud for an entry level sub. if you put two comp 12's in a 4 cube ported tuned anywhere from 30 to 36 hz with 5 to 800 watts. it will get reasonably loud. you won't set any records with spl or sq, but it will be a decent daily driver. i like powerbass subs. but you will get more output obviously out of the 12's.

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 273
don't know where you are buying them, but don't let them over price you on those comps. should be 100 or less for a pair. and don't let them stick you with some prefab box that doesn't fit the specs of either brand of sub. you can make the most expensive subs sound bad in the wrong box. and vise versa, can make entry level subs sound pretty decent in an optimal box.

Username: Djgappa

Post Number: 8
well im looking to get these two because of the price, both are in the 200$ range with my amp, i just want something that can bump like mad when i want it to but be nice and laid back when need be..

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 274
I don't know about "bumping like mad" but they will get decently loud for the price. most guys on here are into multi k watt setups. including myself. its all relative. but for 200 bucks you will get some pretty good low end. just keep in mind its all in the enclosure.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 311
def. the comps. PB is garbage. get a BIG ported box 5cubes net tuned low. maybe 30 and you will really enjoy the lows better

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16849
"PB is garbage"

i dont agree - its not the best in the world but its def NOT crap ....

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1778
talk to bassman he can tell you the best box specs for the comps to get the most out of them. he can eather build the box for you or if you want he will make you a cut list so you can make your own box for ~$40 in wood and screws and glue. and then you have the pride of having build your own box.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16445
x2

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5877
The PB 2X are designed for SQ, and especially the 10's. They won't bump like mad. What you need is one solid 15 in a ported box. And used, seeing your budget.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 280
comps suck. i had a pair of 12's with a kx200.2 amp for my first setup wasn't loud at all. when i got my atlas 15 i hooked it up to that amp in a sealed box and it was WAY louder, lower, and sounded better. look into cvr's if anything.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 324
yeah cvr or l7 if you find a good price

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 295
cvr or cvx don't waste your time/money on square subs.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 331
point taken
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us