Sub Break in Time and Diffrence

Anonymous
I just got a brand new MTX 9500 12" and It's not nearlly as loud as another one I heard in the same box with the same amp in the same car. I was wondering if it was because this sub is brand new so it needs to be broken in. If thats true how much of a diffrence is there once the sub is broken in and how long does it take?

rosebudd
anon,

When you first install your woofer it will tend to be a bit null and bass shy until you allow the motor assy to break in properly, this should take 24-48 hours of break in time, best way to break in woofer is to play a radio station that isn't tuned in at 100db or so for 24 hours, or just listen moderate for now. L8R

Anonymous
no sub is the same,,,,ever!!!

rosebudd
thats why i said 24-48 hours of total listening. L8R

Anonymous
subs don't need to be "broken in"
where do you people get this stuff from?

rosebudd
anon,
subwoofers have many moving parts like the brand new engine in your car , if you rev your car to it's maximum rpm everytime you go somewhere the piston rings, valves, valve springs, ect. ect could wear pre-maturely or not seat properly, this is applied to the motor assembley of a subwoofer itself, it isn't really the fact you will damage the woofer, it's the fact that the woofer will not reach it's full capabilities until all parts have been moved broken in a bit resulting in better bass output ect.ect. I would tell you to go do some research on any high-end woofer or midrange so you can answer this question for yourself. L8R
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us