Problem: 10" JL W6 Louder than BMF Crossfire XT15?

Username: Bookoo900

Post Number: 1
I Currently am stumped...
BMF Crossfire XT15+SPL Z1X-3000D series 2 amp=quieter than 10" JL W6+Kenwood 800W amp?

Do I need to upgrade my wiring setup in my 4runner or is it just a shitty amp. I looked at the specs and the SPL puts out 2400W RMS and The BMF Crossfire is 1500Wx2. What am I doing wrong? anybody help?

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 229
They amp and speakers don't matter as much as the setup environment. If the W6 is in a nice spl enclosure and the Crossfire in a shitty prefab box then its no wonder why the W6 could be louder.

Post Number: 2
Both Of The Subs have Good enclosures. I am just concerned if my wiring setup isn't giving the SPL amp enough juice to push the 15" Crossfire Sub.The 800W Kenwood amp for some reason when hooked up to the Crossfire 15" is louder and better sound quality than the more expensive and higher RMS Rated SPL Amp (2400W RMS @ 1 Ohm) Anyone Else have this kind of problem?

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 232
There might be an internal problem with the SPL amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16292
x2

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5408
what size wire is going to it now for power and ground?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16318
good question

Post Number: 3
I am Using 4 for hot and ground with a capacitor in line.

Post Number: 4
Also, I think I might second that proposal of the internal problem with the SPL. It's not like they're top shelf quality, but the sound quality is just depressing when it's right out of the box and much higher power than the Kenwood 800W (MAX) 2 chanel amp I have on it now. I'm also wondering why it's not fused. The SPL should have 3X40 amp fuses. It does not. I opened it up to see if thy were inside and didn't see anything. They must be integrated to the circuitboard.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16331
oh its an spl amp.....they are way overrated power wise
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us