Alpine type R's

Username: Vvkevin

Post Number: 1
I have two 10" Alpine type R's and I need help getting the right amp. I think they are about 500ish watts rms and 1500 watts peak. They are well broke in and i'm thinking a a 2000 watt kenwood amp with 900 rms as 2 ohm. by the way my subs are 4 ohm but i'll prob run them at 4. any help will be great.

Bronze Member
Username: Wandaddy

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 44
There are a lot better choices out there for the money than a Kenwood amplifier. Are your Type-R's single voice coil or dual voice coil? Why don't you look into some offerings from Alpine, Audioque, Kicker, or JL Audio to name a few? How much are you looking to spend on an amp?

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 933
Kenwood doesnt make very good amps so dont waste your money. Im assuming there dual 4 ohm? If they are...

http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=26

Username: Vvkevin

Post Number: 3
I dont know if they are double or single voice coil, because I'm at college and can't find out until winter break, which is when i want to install them. Also I want to stay under $250.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15873
Kenwood doesnt make very good amps so dont waste your money. Im assuming there dual 4 ohm? If they are...

http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=26

x2

Username: Baldd86

Post Number: 2
I have the same subs and have them hooked up to a memphis mono 1000w amp, and they sound great. i would suggest the same thing I bought my amp for $120 used on craiglist. I wired them down to 2 ohms. I think they are dual coil. Don't buy Kenwood amps they suck bad. I had one (1000w Kenwood) before on two 10' kicker cvr and that wasn't good enough for those two. Buy better brands

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16293
what did you get
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us