Viper 5902 remote doesn't 2 way with system/wierd clicking

Username: Erictacoma

Post Number: 1
Hi all-

I have 2 issues with my viper 5902 system that I would like a little help on if you could.

I have an 09 toyota Tacoma, had the 5902 system installed professionally. I have a backup battery, tilt and audio sensor on the system. to date it has worked fine.

However a few days ago the main keyfob doesn't have the 2way action anymore. I can unlock, lock, remote start fine, but the keyfob reports out of range even if I am 2 feet away from the truck. I have made any recent changes to anything on the truck, electrical or otherwise. The keyfob did run out of power a few weeks ago but after a recharge it was working fine.

My second issue came up right after install, I had the install house check it out but they were unable to diagnose it. There is an intermittent clicking coming from under the dash where the unit is installed. The click is unrelated to motion, steering wheel movement, anything. It sounds like a relay clicking in and out but everything electrical is working fine. I thought maybe it was the tilt sensor being noisy but I caught it clicking while I was parked with the motor running, on a flat surface. This only happens when the motor is running. Any ideas where I should look?

I had it pro installed so I am sorry for the lack of further detail. Thanks for any help, really.

Eric

Username: Erictacoma

Post Number: 2
I'm sorry, I also just remembered that a secondary shock sensor was added as the units shock sensor was really weak, so I have that in there too. That did solve my shock issue as well.

Sorry for the bump, forgot that one detail.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us