Help/Advice

Username: Kartoon

Post Number: 1
Hey fellas/ladies,

I have a 2002 Acura RSX Type S with either a 90 or 95 amp alternator. I'm planning on powering an older Hifonics Atlas AS12SQD4(rated at 900w RMS) (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictu...&picture_id=-1) with a Hifonics BRZ1200.1D amp. The amp is rated at 900w RMS at 2ohms. I will also have a Cadence FXC2D 2 Farad/12 Volt Stiffening capacitor. From my battery to the amp, I will be running 4awg cable.

My question is, will I be fine with the stock alternator & battery, or will I need to upgrade either or both? Also, for the time being, the stock Bose head unit will remain. I plan on getting a PAC SOEM-4 Universal 4-channel line output converter to connect the amp for rt now (http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...7SOEM4&tp=3486). Thnx in advance for your thgts and help.

Kartoon

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14160
doing anything for your front stage, or rear fill? 4 channel amp for them?

a 900 watt amplifier (class D) will draw upwards of 90-100A of current.
your car will need about 50A of current itself
the capacitor won't help at all. they don't do anything but filter AC current ripple out of the DC voltage.
give the system a try, but if voltages drop below 12VDC, and/or lights start to dim, you'll need to upgrade the alternator to something in the 120A-150A range.

you'll also need an electronic crossover, and a full-range amplifier for the front stage if you want the speakers to keep up with your sub. you can forgo the crossover if you get rid of the BOSE unit and use an aftermarket head unit with 3 pair of RCA pre-outs.

Post Number: 2
Thanks, first of all for taking the time to reply and for your advice. Yes, eventually i will upgrade the head unit w/an aftermarket brand and add an amp for the front stage. At this time im unsure of what i want though. Thnx again.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14165
in that case, just use the line converter for the BOSE unit, and use the crossover built into your sub amp. save some money, and get the same result.
The new head unit will eventually have its own crossover to use for a 3-way setup when you're ready.

Post Number: 3
yeah, saving money right now is a definite must, thnx again

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15988
did you get the stuff yet?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help