My amp is 1000w and my sub is 1000w...and how do i wire it to get full power

my amp is 1000w and it say it is 200W x 1 Continous Power Output (4 Ohms)...but my sub is 1000w 4 ohms...how do i wire it?

The$Money$Man
Well U have to tell me what ur amp puts out at lower impendances.What does it put out in 2 ohms?1ohms if applicable?bridged @ 4 ohms?

well i dont know the numbers but hears the site man...
www.kenwood.ca

Key Features
- Maximum Power Output: 1000W
- Aluminum Die-Cast Frame
- Class D Mono Amplifier Design
- 200W x 1 Continous Power Output (4 Ohms)
- 400W x 1 Continous Power Output (2 Ohms)
- 500W x 1 Continous Power Output (1 Ohm)
- MOSFET Switching Power Supply
- Built-in Variable Low-Pass Filters (50-200Hz)
- Built-in Infrasonic Filter @ 15Hz/25Hz (18db/oct)
- Bass Boost (Off / +12dB at 90Hz)
- Variable Input Sensitivity (200mV-5V)
- Gold Plated RCA Inputs
- Gold Plated Terminals
- 2-Year Warranty

The$Money$Man
This amp is not 1000 w Rms its 500x1@1 ohm but If you want to get all the power out of it take the sub Im assuming its dual 4 ohm voice coils and wire it in parallel run a wire from the + to the other + then run another wire from the - to the other - After that take like a 8 gauge wire and run that from one side or ur sub's + and - and then run those wires into ur amp's + and - channels this will give u a 2 ohm load not 1 if u wanted a 1 ohm load u would need 2 Dual 4 ohm subs.So in the end this amp will put 400x1 out on that sub continous power you may wanna think about gettin 2 amps lol by the way what kind of sub do you have

shitty..im sub is a 10' db+..the rms is 250w,if that will make a differnce..and its only a single voice coil..

The$Money$Man
Ok allu can do with what u got is wire the sub in 4 ohms sooo just wire ur + terminal and - terminal to the + and - terminals on the amp.Since the sub is a single voice coil u cant wire it any diffrently Good Luck

thanks man..i went to thunder bay ont and went to an audio center to test how loud it was in my truck and the guy said it was best because i had a ford ranger(small)..he said if i had a 12' i would blow my back winwod out if i turned it half way...so next month i'm geting a MTX.thunder 8000 they look cool...wel l8er
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us