Brutus Subs with Highfonics amp

Username: 09mustanggt

Post Number: 2
I am new and know a little about subs. I want to get Brutus Highfonics subs 12" 4ohm peak 1200 watt, RMS 600 watt. I want to get two of these subs and run a Highfonics AMP as well and my friend sugested a 2 channel amp. I have no idea what ohm or channels mean. So in English could someone explain to me which Highfonics amp to get to support the two 12" 4 ohm Brutus subs. Thanks, David

Bronze Member
Username: A_lopez

Denver, Colorado Usa

Post Number: 18
if you want to stay with hifonics bxi1200d or aq1200 better amp for like same price

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15762
aq for sure

Bronze Member
Username: Jaymoung

Michigan

Post Number: 66
i prolly wouldn't match a amp with subs at equal rms id get a amp that will do about 20 % more then the subs especially with these amp that puts out no where near what they are rated at keep in mind of volts well effect the rated output also

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15767
the aq amp does put out rated power

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14185
The Audioque amplifier is CEA2006 rated so it puts out at least the amount of power advertised. You can go up to 50% over the continuous power handling of the speakers when looking at amplifier output without really worrying about damage to the subs, if this system is for music, and daily use, as opposed to an SPL competition vehicle.

Amplifier power is rated with a resistive dummy load, with a stable power supply on a test bench, producing a white noise signal across the full audible spectrum using a tone generator at absolute full volume output.
This is an unrealistic environment for what happens in reality. Real life, you have speakers presenting a reactive (inductive) load, your volume won't be at 100% full blast for a sustained period, and music is a dynamic source that rarely ever sees the peak possible output of the recording dynamic range, and certainly not sustained if it does. In short, you'll be getting much less than "rated" power from the amplifier even at really loud volumes. It's just the way things work.

(I can see I need to write a peper on this. I find myself typing this a lot lately.)

Post Number: 7
I'm going with two tweleve inch hifonics subs a 300 watt RMS 600 watt max with a 2-channel 1000 watt autotek amp how good will this sound in a mustang trunk?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14188
depends on the rest of the system, sound damping, enclosure design and construction, etc.

Post Number: 8
just the general system is it going to be nice?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14190
you haven't outlined any system that I saw, unless I missed the post.
All you mentioned was an amp and subs.

bass alone does not a system make.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 70
if i was you id start with replacing factory speakers and doing the big 3 before buying the amp and subs IMO but you going with a pretty beginners sub/amp setup

Post Number: 9
Like I said I will be going with two 12" hifonics subs with a 3000watt rms 600 watt peak with an autotek 1000 watt 2 channel amp on a. 2009 mustang gt with a shaker 500 stock audio system. I was told by the guys its a beginer set up which is fine but are they still going to be loud and pound sorry for any inconvienence all appreciated.

David

Post Number: 10
300 watt rms not 3000

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14200
well, the sub and amp will work fine.
the shaker system is junk.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
not rele...all i want to know is it going to sound nice?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14204
that's subjective.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 75
my opinion is anything will bang basiced on the enclosure im not sayingyou will be doing numbers but ive had all the low off brand(pyle,pioneer,sony,soundstorm) subs and amp and as long as you have the rightenclosure and you knw how to tune anythng can sound good its up to the installer am i right GLASS?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
thanks i want to pound but not like hella pound i just want it too sound nice and be noticeable

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15875
i wouldnt go with hifonics subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Only one person has 1/2 answered my new question its glass and jay if your not going to answer my specific question go post somewhere else...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15933
excuse me mr moody....i dont help rude people

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
you did not help before...not much difference. I got the autotek amp 1000 2 channel two twelves by hifonics and they sound just how i wanted

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14215
Im sure you'll be happy with it, David
It'll add bass to the factory system, but you will get tired of it in time, and want more.
trust me on that one. haha

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Haha alright man thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16037
congratulations on buying garbage equipment
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums