Hmmm which would choose

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 158
so right now i have a hifonics 2610 and a shocker sig 12, but the sig is messed up has suspension sag real bad and the one lead wire is all messed up so basically it needs a recone. Still plays though an is still decently loud off just one coil lol. I however dont feel like reconeing it. So heres the delima what sub to get? right now my 2 favorites are either a treo ssx or t3 t2000. im going for crazy loud but still sound ok. I want 1 12 but if i found a nice pair of tensthat catch my eye who knows. so what would you get an why? plz dont just list random subs, give a reason why you would choose that sub.

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 215
Honestly i would go with the Fi Q. Because they seem to be one of the best out on the market, and i think they would make a really good sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
um honestly the fi q isnt even close to the level of subs im looking at. The q is wat 1k rms? im lookin at subs atleast 2k rms. But thanks. Anyone know anything about the new btl with neo mags? they look werid as hell lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Shopvac

Post Number: 61
dosent look like a regular sub...lol

Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 4
Id get a DD 3512 if you want a quality sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
acutally thought about a dd9100z but can never get ahold of anyone to get a price. An no one has them so its kinda hard to get any reviews on them.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1566
the new BTL N2 may be more your speed, fully loaded it should handle ~3k daily and it is a 2k rms sub. they have great cooling to keep the neo from losing power over time, the BTL is FI's flag ship sub latest greatest tech for the company. i am thinking of grabbing one to play with and take to spl events, think troy is getting 4 N2's or N3's depending on what he ends up deciding.

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 212
I recently heard a 12 ia warden. it was taking a cresendo 3k and not missing a beat. little pricey, but it was loud as hell.

Bronze Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 12
the 9100z neo is a very nice sq sub they retail between 1200-1300

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
IA would be nice but all there stuff is pricey. the new btl looks nice and im sure its good but id rather wait till its been out for awhile so fi can get all the bugs worked out. dd 91z would be nice but theres no way in hell im gonna pay anything remotely close to that.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2582
Why not wait till I give a review of the new BTL? I doubt coming from Scott it would have bugs that needed worked out.

The Wardens were nice, I liked them but like you said they get pricey.

Bronze Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 39
The new BTL 18 models decently in a sealed box - try it with the old ones - FC @ 70hz! The 12 and 15 didn't do so well.

Sticking with the Hifonics amp - an SSX, Audiopulse Axis, and SSA XCON is what I'd be choosing from for SQL. If you don't have enough port area to cover what's needed for 30ish mm excursion than I'd use smaller x-max, more motor drivers like the DD9512.

I suppose everyone wants to try a new BTL, you can't go wrong there, even if it's sloppy.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1572
btl's are not recommended for sealed box's.

also troy you better give me 1 hell of a review on the new btl's, every last detale good and bad.

Bronze Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 40
Fi doesn't recommend the old ones for sealed boxes but the N2 18 looks good on paper in 4-6 cubes sealed, isn't frequency response all that matters? I can't wait to see what the N1 will do.

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
ya im gonna make a box for whatever sub i choose an it will be ported no matter what. troy what version btl you getting? im looking at the n2 most likely if i go that route. really likeing the t3 t2000 though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us