Havoc, Q, Xcon

Silver Member
Username: Allthingsfresh

Post Number: 122
Okay soo i'm still pretty torn between these subs. I have came to the decision that i don't think i will be needing a 3500rms system coming from about a 700rms one with kicker and jl audio equipment in very bad and simple installs, right away..This will be my first and actual real serious setup. So instead of getting either an AQ3500.1 or saz-3500d, i want to first get about a 2500rms amplifier. But should i stick with the xcons just incase i ever do decide to add an extra 1000wrms to them? Or pick up some havocs or fully loaded Q's? I want to know how much more output the xcons will give me over the other subs. And if, later on, adding another 1000watts will make a noticeable difference.Aggghhh!

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3163
A lot of people think that you need 4000+wrms to get loud or sound good,whatever. Thats just not true IMO. Yes If you plan on competing that much power is neccesary. But for a daily beater I would not run more than say 1000wrms to a single sub or 2000wrms for a dual setup. I am a single sub setup kinda person so even running 2000wrms to me is overkill. I have 1 15" Havoc on 718wrms,well thats what the amp is rated but its probably getting more,and it is louder than any daily beater system should be. Ive had 1 JLw6 on 500wrms and it was loud enough for me,also had a MAW on around 500wrms again it was loud enough for me. Now my opinon of loud and your opinon of loud are different but a single sub on 1000wrms can get super loud,based on the sub of course. I have never heard the other 2 subs you asked about but the Q is more of a SQ sub were as the Havoc is more of a SQL sub that gets really loud and sounds great. If you went with a pair of Havocs on about 1000wrms each,you will probably go deaf. But if thats what you choose then go with a box tuned around 32hz with about 4 cubic feet per sub for 15s. They will get extremely loud and sound awesome. Havocs FTMFW!!

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 907
I have my favorite, but it is a win win. Output will vary based on the install. What it comes down to is if you feel you need the higher limits or not.

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 204
UGHHH i want a havvocccc soo badd!

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2565
I like the Havoc a lot, it's really a toss up between that and the XCON to me, depending on the install and budget. The Q is great too- I just like the look of the other two better.

Not many people are running SSA vs AA, so I'd pick the XCON. Can't go wrong with any of the choices though.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3165
Haha Nolan I beat you to Troy's Havoc! ;) Dont worry man I found this for ya

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-classifieds/487325-15-ascendant-audio-h avoc.html

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3166
Oh the OP was banned lmao sorry!

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 414
i have an xcon and have heard a havoc.. i say xcon all the way! unless my box building skills are really just that great and thats why mine sounds so much better.

but seriously, pick up a pair of tc sounds lms-r 15s and tune low, like 28-30 hz. nothing else needs to be said, seriously the xcon is a great sub, but it can't even compare to a tc sounds lms-r, even tho the tc is less money. only advantage is more power handling and higher sensitivity. but 2000 watts to a pair will be quite crazy.
ive been gone for a while but have messed with some lms-r's and i must say i am truly impressed with these as a low end driver. absolutely the best bargin for your money

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 206
Twiz - haha i know i was so fking pissed ab that, and werent there two havocs? and then the 2nd one was gone in like 2 days on caco hah, i was upset but i jjust recently set my mind on gettting a havoc this week so the early bird gets the worm

Silver Member
Username: Allthingsfresh

Post Number: 124
How much does a brand new Havoc even go for? About $350 for a 15? I think i am pretty set on going with the XCON because i do want to support ssa and i just love the look of the xcon and name! Also there seems to be more people running havocs than xcons so that makes it more wanting you know lol ... I'm going to start it with only about 2000-2500wrms first though and then see how i like it. But wait.... should this thread become tc lms-r vs ssa xcon??? hmmm... i guess you can say i'm going for spl first,then sound quality. but i dont want my setup to be mistaken for an spl setup ONLY. That's why i want to get a great component set and a lot of sound deadening and just a good install period. I want it to be a WOW factor, and have looowwww bass that you mainly can feel. Not just a LOUD setup. But, impressive. But be impressive to myself mainly, in which i think it will considering the equipment and decent knowledge and patience i have. I just need more faasssttt money to get this thing rolling all at once already!

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4253
keep in mind you can buy the AQ or Sundown 3500's and adjust the gain to only put out 2000 watts for now. amplifiers don't need to be running full tilt always you can adjust output levels

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2184
i must agree with twiz's first post, you dont need a lot of power to get "loud", however, "loud" is depending on the person. i have 2 15's on 1000rms and its plenty loud and can blur your vision a bit in my avalanche... i suggest going to shop and ask to listen to a few setups, if you are allowed to. I did this with a few shops, listened to 2 12's on 2krms and it sounded LOUD but not musical, it was because of the set up. also listened to a 13w6 on a JL 500/1 and it was pure musical bliss, again however, wasnt what I was looking for. IMO, 3.5krms is a lot of power to be messin with, also, have to think of the electical upgrades needed to properly drive an amp that size. with that much power, you will need a pretty beefy front stage to keep up, that is if you want to hear the lyrics/musical aspect of a song.

much more goes into planning a system than just watts... just sayin.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2372
I have/had all 3.

I like the XCON the most. It is currently in my LS. On about 1300 watts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us