Clifford Auto Start Problem

Username: Akjayne

Anchorage, Alaska

Post Number: 1
I have had a Clifford autostart for 3 years, and in the past week it will only start my car if the car has been started and is warmed up. It will not start my car after it has been sitting for an hour or more. Does anyone know what could be the problem? I took it back to the dealer and they said there was nothing wrong because it started every time for them (did not have a chance to sit and get cold). I would like to take it back to them armed with more information.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11414
need more info... when you try to start it cold, does the starter crank but not start? or does nothing happen? If nothing theres a problem with the unit or wiring probably.

If it cranks briefly but no start, the tach setting is wrong... the best thing is to run a wire from the ignition coil's tach wire to the unit so that it knows when the motor has started. But this is not always possible in some cars, so the unit can also just crank the starter for a preset amount of time. If that time is set too short it can start when warm as the motor starts faster but not when cold.

Tell the installer to check the tach settings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us