Best amp to push two Solo Baric 15"???????

Anonymous
Im needing advice on the best amp to push my Solo Barics. One is a 15" L7 and the other is a 15" L5 both are dual voice coil 2ohm. L5 is 750RMS and the L7 is 1000RMS....I was thinking of a 1501bd Rockford??? Any help appreciated!!!

THANKS!!!!

bub
??

abc
y do you get 1 L7 and the other L5. onething for sure you wont hear the L5, and it might sound weird(i never try different speaker but tat wat i think). Anyway if you keep only one then i will like to suggest you get the kicker kx1200.1.

Hummer
I already had the L5 and a guy owed me some money so I ended up with a L7. I know it sucks I wish they were both L7. I still want to run both of them though....if it does sound funny I may have to get another L7? I need one amp to push both of them? I wanted to stay all Kicker but it would take two kx1200.1 to push them both. I want one amp for both????

Hummer
suggestions?

MEXXX
I dont suggest running both of them.It will only cause problems.If you do run them DO NOT put them both on the same amp.If I were you,I would use the L7 for now and sell the L5,save up some money and buy another L7.The 1501bd wont work well for one dual 2 ohm L7,and its not enough power for two L7's.Something along the lines of an audiobahn 2300hcq or hct would be ideal.It is a 1200watt RMS at 1 ohm 2 channel amp.

Hummer
What would happen if i ran both of them? They are both dual voice coil 2ohm.....just the L7 can handle an extra 250rmswatts. Is there a big difference? They even require the same air space...

TheMan
I dont think it would hurt anything hooking them both to one mono amp. MEXXX must be confused?

MEXXX
I am often confused,but not on the subject of car audio.The differences between those 2 subs are more than just their power handling.Their suspentions are very different,and placeing them both on the same amp could very eas'lly cause the L5 to exceed its xmax way before the L7 does.There are other acoustical properties that make it a bad idea as far as sound quality is concerned.

abc
Mexxx is right. Here is a bigger picture. If you put a 6 by 9 with a sub then you wont notice when the 6 by 9 fuc up. Like I said it just a bigger for you to amagin (notice when you turn on the volume both channel will have the same power)

what is the best amp for my two solo baric 15

ARE YOU GOING TO RUN THIS PORTED OR SEALED. YOU NEED TO CHECK THE SPECS. PORTED SPL BOX IS LIKE 6 CUBIC FEET. I HAVE TWO 10"-L5'S IN A 4.5 CUBIC FOOT BOX. THEY SLAM BUT THEY ALSO NEED HUGE BOXES. I POWER MY SUBS WITH A MTX 81000D ONLY HALFWAY UP. YOU CAN SMELL THE VOICE COILS WITH THE AMP ALL THE WAY UP. I'VE USED THIS AMP TWO SLAM 2-12" L-7'S IN A 3.25 PER CHAMBER BOX. THEY ARE REAL EFFICENT IN A PORTED BOX. YOU WILL NOT NEED AS MUCH POWER IN A PORTED BOX
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us