Good setup or not?

Birbary
I have just finished ordering all of my car cuz I just got a new Grand Prix I wanna know if this is a good setup or not:
Head unit:Alpine Cda 9813 27x4 rms 60x4 peak
Front door Speakers:5 1/4 Infinity Perfects the new ones are supposed to hold 55watts rms a piece and 165 Peak
Rear Speakers:6x9's infinity kappa perfect the new ones supposed to hold 110 rms a piece and 330 peak
American Pro amp just to power the front and rear speakers I also have factory Tweeters too
2 JL audio 12w6's in a custom ported the subs can hold 300 watts a piece rms and I have them powered by a kicker 800.2 amp its 800x1 bridged and Im gonna wire them in series cuz there dual 4 ohm voice coils then Bridge them.
I need to know what U guys think will this setup be kickass or will it just be average any and all comments would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Anonymous
Well one think for sure is that you will hear the rear more than the front cuz of 6 by 9(I tried it that y). The other thing is y do you need to bridge the kicker while you have 2 JL and a 2 channel amp. am not sure but is JL w6 3 ohms each??

Anonymous
can anyone tell me what would be the perfect setup in there eye's (or ears!).

Anonymous
I can tell you what the ideal perfect setup to me would be. I would use Diamond Hex Components in the front. These components are the best things ive ever heard. Thats comparing it to Eclipse, JBL GTi, SoundStream Exact, MB Quart (which was a tough competiter), and the over priced A/D/S and Dynaudio components. For the rear fill, I would use the Diamond Hex Midrange or the Eclipse Point Source, just because the rear fill will only need to accent the dynamic clean sound coming from the Hex components (I believe that these speakers are not nearly as important as what you put in the front). I would look into pushing all these speakers with a McIntosh Labs 4 channel Amp, or Sinfoni 120.4, and I also here the new Xtant 604.x is quite nice. I am currently pushing the highs in my car with a SoundStream Tarantula 500/4 and it does an extremely great job when you take into consideration price. For Subs I would choose 3 JBL 15" GTi and the 6000GTi amplifier. This would power these subs at a minimum of 6000 watts at any ohm load. I imagine I would have to dynamat the hell out of the car for dampining and hopefully when this is all done you can get a sound ordinance ticket from a cop located about 3.5 miles away.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us