Grand cherokee infinity system wiring a LOC

Username: Scorpioman

Post Number: 2
Hi all.
I am planning on wiring in a sub into the back of my Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 2004 with the Infinty Gold system and amp under the rear seat,now i assume i would have to wire a Line Out Controller to make wiring the sub in possible,but does any know or know of the wires i would have to splice into under the back seat ?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11345
Does the car have a built in sub? If so the wires going to it.

If not, tap the wires going to the rear speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8188
M.S please if your not even an installer to begin with get out of car audio please....

"tap the wires to the rear speakers" wow your a great car audio installer douchbag it seems you never installed a system in a jeep stupid so shut up

ANYWAYZ.........

if you have the infinity sound system u must have 6x9s front 6.5s in rears and front 2.5 tweeters right??? and most are standar 10 disc mopar cd changer i beilive..

the 2004 grand cherokke with infinity sound system has 2 woofers that are 6x9 they are located in your front doors yes those are the woofers..

the 6.5s in the back are full range speakers

if you want to use a loc...

well wire the loc to the front woofers for a subwoofer line.. is better to use two locs if your loc only has one channel capability..

just add it to the connection of the woofer dont cut the, for example the wires from the loc left speaker that - and + just add it to the left woofer - and + with the amplifier connection in between and do the same for the right. and you have your self a a subwoofer line..

for the remote you could find the amplifier turn on wire because the jeep uses alot of head unit even with the same premium sound system you will need to make sure is the right wire...

but the most commong is in the back of the original headunit light green wire.. first make sure is the correct one since most of the jeeps have light green cable to make sure just have a mulitimeter or test light and turn your radio on if it sends 12 volt signal when the radio sends audio you will be all set..

heres a picture diagram of the rear speakers and front subwoofers the stock speakers

http://www.wjjeeps.com/infinitysys.jpg
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us