MTX 9512 KILLS JL W7

T
MTX 9512 hits hard and way better then the W7. MTX has better SQ and louder SPL for cheaper.

Anonymous
T Do U know that for a fact or did u just hear that cuz I highly doubt it.Maybe u had the W7 in the wrong kind of box.

Anonymous
No, actually he never heard em he is just saying this because of a stupid BS chart on mtx's website....T ur a F AGG OT

T
Hey Anonymous #2 suck my c0ck I have heard both and the JLs are sloppy the MTX hits way harder they have about 4" excursion while the W7 has 2.8. MTX moves more air = louder. Bigger magnet = better SQ

Jordan
T if that was the case bigger magnet equals better sound quality then how come the audiobahn flame Q's with the 35 lb. magnets sound like sh1t for sound quality and there Spl rocks.

T
Because the MTX magnets are 50 not 35.

abc
Well mtx spl might be higher but not the sound quality. Maybe you have a taste in power and think it sound better.

Anonymous
shut the fucc up your faqs no sh1t

Anonymous
word

T
Ah the illiterate moron speaks. I love it. Get back in your box and just get it over with. The world will be a better place without you.

WORD

Moron!

T
Ah the illiterate moron speaks. I love it. Get back in your box and just get it over with. The world will be a better place without you.

WORD

Moron!

audio expert
you are all so f uqing stupid, MTX kicks jl's pathetic lil azz.

zacdavis
they are both good, period

rosebudd
To all,

Just so you guys know magnent size and excursion are worthless if you can't keep the voice-coil in magnetic gap! You can have the biggest ferrite magnent you wan't and it still doesn't result in more excurision or power handling, someone could build a woofer that has 10 inches of excurison and it doesn't mean it plays louder or sounds better, that is determined by other factors including woofer design, and installation setup both of which the jl, mtx, and several other woofers benefit from. It's like steak or cheeseburgers, which one do you like!! late!!

zacdavis
wrong!, xmax n magnet size is everything, now as far as mechanical xmax, then ya, your right, all that measurement represents is the suspension's travel, and yes encloser's make all the diff. but back to your comment, however mostly true, x-max is crucial, the longer it's vc (winding not former), the further it can travel within the topplate's magnetic gap. plus, the diameter of the vc is relative to much is in the magnetic field and yes of course all other elements of the sub are relative to how it performs. the further the sub can travel the more air it can displace, so why do you think it doesn't matter?
btw, i dont understand the steak cheeseburger analogy, oh well, later friend

rosebudd
Again,

Magnent size doesn't mean anything along with bogus xmax claims if the voicecoil doesn't stay in the magnetic gap. Thus leading to the formation of heat, which leads to less power handling, which means less cone control = less output. Xmax can be measured in two fashions 1. voicecoil outside the gap (no energy is being focused at this time = waste of power or 2. measuring inside the gap which gives a more real world idea of the woofers true excursion capabilites, not my mtx has 4" vs jl's 2.8", understand how it's measured before you read from what the magazine says. Besides, if you wanted to get technical all woofers could use neodymium instead of ferrite magnents due to it's higher strengh vs size ratio ; however, they'd cost too much money to build. btw, the steak, cheeseburger reference is like saying opinions are like aceholes, everyones got one. ps using the spelling aceholes is a loophole in the system. L8R

zacdavis
the way you're wording this is misleading, magnet size and voilcoil size(xmax and diameter) do make make a huge diff. in the sub. i understand what your saying, in fact we're basically sayin the same thing, i beleive the point your trying to get across is that the subs suspension travel can not exceed it's xmax because it will result in over xcursion. true.
so let's agree that "if" the subs mechanical xmax doen't exceed it's true xmax then it it's not likely to over excurt. later freind

Anonymous
8 inch W7...how does it sound? im not looking to shake the pavement, just to add a little bass

8 inch w7? sounds great, the best 8" sub i've heard, and it works very well for saving space as well.

Anonymous
You cant f#ck with JL AUDIO ...DUMB B!TCHES.. MTX EATS FAT D!CK

T
Lol this last guy sounds very angry. Its funny ha ha ha ha ha what a moron. Honestly I dont like either I want something with more thump less low base that shakes stuff more thump and bump. I think I want 2 12 maybe 3 10". Any sugestions. Something that will have more bump and thump then MTX 9512 with 81000D or JL W7. I think I want 2 12's Iam not sure about 10's

Hydro
U can always go with 2 or 3 JLw3v2 and have them in a custom ported box and u will be very happy

T
Iam thinking at maybe 3 12" W6 the old ones bring them to 2ohm maybe the 10's my friends has 3 for 75 each?

Hydro
75 bucks a piece isnt bad at all I'd go for it man you wont be disapointed.

DUBowner
w7 is the best subwoofers you can find in the market right now mtx can not compare

DUBowner
f#cking dumasses

zacdavis
dubowner,what do you know?, why don't you explain some real world reasons and technical definitions on why mtx doesn't compare. L8r

Anonymous
JL w7 is better if you like sound quallity.They are about just as loud, but the distortion level is not nearlly as much. MTX sounds loader because of the distortion level that it has, but it does sound very good. In my opinion MTX is loader if you want that, but the JL W 7 is better for the quallity of the sub.

Sony kid
Both jl and mtx suck my balls, sony is the best!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fukers

MTX is comparing the 8" driver from their 9500 series to teh 8" W7.
what they neglect to mention are facts like MTX's Xmax remains the same from 8" through 15" subs, whereas the8W7 and 13W7 have massively different Xmax. In all honesty, the W7 line is a superior sub between the two.
As for magnet size, bigger doesn't always eman better. Having a magnet that's too large can actually lead to over-damping of the driver. Speaker design is more complex than 'bigger is better' and any engineer will tell you that there are many factors to designing a magnetic transducer (speaker).
As for Xmax, there are generally two things that will determine the end result SPL produced by a driver. That being Xmax and surface area. the more air you can move, the higher your SPL will be. That's pretty basic physics. Now, the ability of the driver to move that air, and do it accurately is a whole different matter.
I hope this helps a bit, offering up a few objective points to consider.

Hydro
Sony Kid let me ask you something Where do you shop?Walmart Im guessing.....dont be dissing products uve never used or never had the money to use when clearly JL and Mtx has no competition with anything sony makes

Anonymous
i want the hardest hitting subwoofers in the world, un godly bass. like lots of shattered windows and tickets, cost is not an issue what do you guys recomend.

Anonymous
oh and i need something that wont distort

Anonymous
hey sony kid your a stupid f*g. sony sucks, period. no questions asked. what we're dealing with here are serious subs. so take your sh*tty five sided subs and go home. If you don't believe me just check the records tell me the last time sony has won an audio competion for anything. at all! handle no power, sound like crap and don't get loud worth anything. The only thing anyone can say they have going for them is looks and most people wouldn't even say that. The last great achevment sony made was beating Pyramid in a competion.

I just saw pictures of a sub Richard Clark designed that you might want.
It's about 6 feet across. rather large, but I bet it can move a lot of air.

come to san diego and watch your azz get jacked for all your sh*t faggz u foolz is lame get up on some game homeboyz dont no sh*t about woofers what do you no about rockford fosgate powerhx2 now thats a mad bass

Anonymous
what do you guys think about a pair of JBL 12 inch 400 watt rms subs, and a JBL 1200 watt 2 ohm amp ?

What does everyone think about the MTX 9512 vs the JL Audio 12W7. Cost is a barrier and i can get the MTX 9512 for $150 and a comprable amp for $300 but i get the JL's for normal price. Which should i go with?

T
hey for 150 I want 2 hook me up tikolx333@yahoo.com

the 12W7 and 13.5W7 will both slaughter the 9500 series MTX 12" sub. the Xmax alone on the JL is far superior. JL also makes a much better product, and having seen both side by side in cars, there was no comparison.

Username: Tikolx333

Post Number: 3
LOL MTX has almost an inch more of Xmax you should check your facts. And you must consider the price too. Again for the price of one JLW7 13.5 you can get 2 9500 12". The 2 12" will distroy that poor JL.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 27
Having heard both, the MTX wasn't that impressive.
the 9512 has a one-way excursion or 25.5mm
the 13W7 has a one-way excursion of 32mm.
those are the facts, straight from MTX, and JL Audio, respectively.

The problem with the comparison that MTX posted comparing the 9500 series to the W7 series, was that they compared the smalledst of the subs. MTX doesn't increase their excursion as the driver size increases. JL does.
When you get to the 12 and 13.5" subs, the JL has quite superior stats.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us