Tc sounds LMS-R 15 or Fi Q 18 for the house

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 406
wanting a new sub for my house, thinking the lms r or fi q not sure what to pick, leaning towards tc sounds. The idea is to have great sound quality and flat response from 30-60 hz not worried about dropping low to like 15 hz or so. gonna be used for music only.
I figure the Q will be louder, but not sure how flat of a response it will have.. and size for a box does not matter.
thilo will help me design a box for the lms it came out around 4.5 cu ft and should have a flat response

but i know the fi q can also be a great sound quality driver
i also have 1100 watts rms to power whatever i get
i really make it sound like i should just get the lms but i just want some input
nobody in the home audio section really gives good advice or i would be over there
trying to stay in the $350 range since those have to be some of the best contendors and no need to spend hundreds more

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23396
Money is going to be your dictating factor here. The Q does wonders for me and is much less than the LMS. But if you want the best......................

Silver Member

Post Number: 408
ya money is a key factor at the moment, school just started and i have to pay full price.. not sure why i get no help. but im on payments right now and just payed 600 out of my pocket and paying 400 a month for the next few months..
also have my own house and all bills.. so ya but im thinking when i get my income tax i want to try out the pro 5100 or lms ultra but thats later.

so what do you think paul?
is the tc really that great? or will an fi q come close in sound quality? and is there a way i can get the q to have a flat response from 30-60 or close to flat?
i know those q's are low end monsters, but i want kick drums that punch you in the chest you know? and with 1100 watts i think i can do it

Silver Member

Post Number: 409
oh and actually paul im talking about the lms-r its actually only 323 brand new shipped, but i can get a small discount but thats really not a big deal, and i figure an 18" fi q fully loaded with all options is 350. so the q would be more but it would be an 18" driver

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3092
I would go with the TC LMS R. Im trying to save up for one right now so hopefully Ill have it in the next couple months or so. Im going to be using for car audio tho. I dont know much about HT. I have a TC Sounds LMS-4000 15" in my truck right now and for a SQ sub it gets very loud and hits the lows perfect! Its getting a little less than 700wrms cuz its a single VC 3ohm so finding an amp was kinda hard. Its running off a JBL BPX500.1 which does more power at 4ohms than at 1ohm which is kinda weird but like I said its getting just under 700wrms and sounds awesome! I dont think I will ever own a sub thats not made by TC again. When I seen the new LMS-R I had to have one. But anyways IMO go with TC,you wont be disappointed!

BTW I could sell ya my TC LMS4000..............................for msrp from the time it was new http://web.archive.org/web/20061112053902/www.tcsounds.com/lms4000.htm

Oh yea check out the Fs of my baby........14hz!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1274
Wtf twiz better get ur azz on aim kid.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23397
I would lean towards the LMS then. If anyone has the chance to own one and can afford it jump at it. It'll be that first sports car you wish you never sold.

Silver Member

Post Number: 411
i think ill just get the lms-r i know it will be great, but it sure would be cool to have an 18 shaking my house lol. but ill tell you something funny. back when i was like 15 and didnt know much about car audio i had a tc sounds tc-3000 and i blew it and threw it away.. haha oh man if only i knew the possiblitlies i could have with that motor.
i hopefully will order the sub in 2 weeks from now.. hopefully maybe even sooner.
bills sure do suck

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 142
i am using an lms 5400 18 in my basement. i am running it on my home stereo with a 1000 watt plate amp from parts express. it sounds incredible. i'm sure the lms 15 would be just as good since you will have a little more power and the rms is lower. i cant speak for the q. i've honestly never heard one. but that lms will sound fantastic. best sub i've ever heard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us