Help plz.

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 149
So in my passat i just got my new box built and everything after it had cracked, thus cleaning up the sound of the sub and having it tuned to 33hz sounds niceee. But i also put in my component set and amp. My problem occurs when i turn my volume past 25, after a few mins both the comp set and my sub will get less loud and a little muddy. I know it happend when i had my sub in the old box and everything but it is just more noticeable with the comps in. My max volume is 45, on a pioneer deh 5900ib, kicker zx1000.1, kicker zx350.2, Fi SSD 15" and CDT CL61-a/tw-24 thats my stuff. any help is appreciated

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5800
That car has a Bosch 120 amp alt which should be fine for the amps you are running. So -- it has to be either your wiring and/or your battery. What gauge power and ground wire are you running from your amps? Have you made sure that your amp grounds are secure and touching metal? What battery are you running? A Big 3 upgrade wouldn't hurt either:

Link

Silver Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 150
Its a 98 passat, i think it might be a 90amp alt, i may be mistaken though, the 1.8turbo. I am using 4ga. Also my grounds are secure i think, i am using a duralast red top, and i have not done the big 3.

Silver Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 151
Also, all of this would effect my system like that? with my tweeters dropping out and such?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us