Can i get some opinions on subwoofers?

Username: Cptjockitch

Post Number: 1
k i have a 2004 acura tl i have 2 kicker cvr,s 12,s with a 1000 watt audiopipe amp it sounds pretty damn good but i wanted to go with 4 cvr,s and upgrade the amp to 2000 watts.i decided to just keep the amp and buy me 2 alpine type r rated at 600 watts the kickers are 400 watts.will the type r,s be better than the kickers .basicly i didnt want to add the 4 kickers so i wouldnt have to do the big 3 i know 4 kickers would need a lot of power.i also have a 1000 watt crunch amp for my mids.so ive had 2000 watts of amps and i havent had any battery issues so far .i want louder will the alpine type r,s be louder than the cvr,s?

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23366
Pushing 2000w will eventually prematurely retire your alt as most stock alts go a max of 1000w-1500w with an efficient system. The big 3 will help improve that bottom line # so you might want to do it anyway, regardless of the lack of battery problems NOW. It's a fairly cheap procedure that returns your efforts triple fold.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1125
Instead of doing 4 subs, get 2 really good subs that will meet your listening needs and power expectations. A proper enclosure is also going to help achieve optimum output from whatever you go with. If you go with 2k rms or there abouts you'll need a HO alt along with the big 3. Possibly additional batteries as well. You may be better off with 2 better woofers and a better 1k rms amp, with a custom enclosure. Or even just one sub, like a Fi Q in a ported enclosure.

Username: Cptjockitch

Post Number: 9
thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us